[P2P-F] Fwd: Conflict & Design - 7th Design Triennial

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Dec 5 23:57:40 CET 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Namahn <mailings at namahn.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Subject: Conflict & Design - 7th Design Triennial
To: michelsub2004 at gmail.com

[image: trainings illustration]

Dear Michel

*Conflict & Design* - the 7th edition of the Design Triennial in Flanders -
shows how designers approach conflict situations and the impact their
designs can have within our society. The exhibition provides food for
thought about how, in the (near) future, we will be obliged to interact
with each other and manage our natural resources in fundamentally different
ways.

In over 60 design concepts, processes, projects and objects, the
participating designers provide solutions for all manner of conflicts, from
social conflicts between people to conflicts with nature, or for conflict
situations resulting from economic situations or from the breakdown of
society due to war, disasters, etc. Their goal: to create a better
dwelling, working and living climate.

Therefore, design in this triennial not only refers to objects: it also
includes services, social models, all manner of communication, and numerous
other, intangible or tangible processes. The triennial is being curated by
Kurt Vanbelleghem.

Namahn is represented at the triennial with three pieces:

   - Our social design project with Roma children from our neighbourhood:
   “Designing a learning service for marginalised children”
   - A social design project called “BAM!” for a shopping district in Aalst
   - A service design project for the social services of the city of
   Antwerp relating to social isolation of the elderly

Full information can be found on the Conflict & Design
website<http://www.conflictanddesign.be/en/homepage>
.

If you would like to attend the opening events, please register
here<http://designfusion.be/en/#inschrijven>
.

Kind regards,

Joannes Vandermeulen, Namahn, Brussels
+32 2 209 08 83 - jv at namahn.com
design that works for people | namahn.com <http://www.namahn.com>

 [image: Namahn logo]
 Grensstraat 21 Rue de la Limite
1210 Brussels Belgium
Phone: +32 2 209 08 85 | Fax: +32 2 219 48 88
 www.namahn.com
 info at namahn.com

   You received this mail because you are listed in the Namahn contacts
database. If you no longer wish to receive messages from Namahn, please
communicate your wish to Pieter Vreede pv at namahn.com. This message was sent
to *michelsub2004 at gmail.com <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>*.

YOUR PRIVACY Your privacy is important to us. You may choose to give us
personal information, such as your name and address or e-mail address that
may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, to process or to
provide you with a subscription. It is our intent to let you know how we
will use such information. If you tell us that you do not want us to use
this information as a basis for further contacts with you, we will respect
your wishes. We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your
personal information. We will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely
manner to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal
information. To correct inaccuracies in your personal information please
return the message containing the inaccuracies to the sender with details
of the correction requested.

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/