[P2P-F] Fwd: Nestlé's evil plan

June Gorman june_gorman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 2 15:08:50 CET 2013

I am so glad that someone else caught this and is acting on it.  I myself saw the video and was astonished at how easily the human mind justifies commoditizing everything, even basic living necessities and resources (most people die without water in 3 days!) and basic human rights to essential human needs -- as just another "thing" to make a profit on, and only thus available to humans who can pay!

But again, understanding this process and how it is cultivated in the human mind disconnected from the human heart -- ie this is a cheerful, happy-seeming man who truly doesn't understand what people are complaining about? -- is my biggest interest in order to "transform" that result.  His life is good and I honestly think he no longer knows how to "see" and certainly "feel" anything else that might be true for the great majority of "others".  Not understanding how we create and educate for this very empathy-disconnect, is to not truly understanding how to change it at its roots, imho and the key idea to deconstruct and re-educate in any path of education to again, "transform" that result.

At any rate, once I saw the video I am immediately reactivated my own "boycott" of anything Nestle despite being a chocolate lover and support all you are doing, Team SumofUs!

I'll spread the word,
June

June Gorman, Educator and Educational Theorist
Co-founder, Transformative Education Forum (website in transition)
Education Advisor, UN SafePlanet Campaign
Board Project Director for Outreach, International Model United Nations Association
Steering Committee, (UNESCO/Global Compact) K-12 Sector for Sustainability Education
Member, UN Education Caucus for Sustainable Development
Member, UN Commons Cluster