[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] Another world is possible, yes, of course, but why build it?

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Aug 11 19:07:35 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jakob Rigi <rigij at ceu.hu>
Date: Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Networkedlabour] Another world is possible, yes, of course,
but why build it?
To: eulab at hyperlinker.com, networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org

A very interesting reflection. As matter of fact  "Another World is
Possible: is very vague slogan and has different meanings for different
activists. For Susan George and all Statist reformists it means the revival
of the welfare state of the post-war period. Their enemy is the  neoliberal
capitalism not capitalism in general.  They want capitalism plus the
post-war social contract between labor and capital mediated by the state.
Against this reformist camp we have revolutionary trends who mean by
another world a world  free from capital. I myself  belong to this second
camp. We, the revolutionary camp suffer from lacking a vision on how this
alternative world look like. Revolutionary Leninists, Maosts, and
Trotskists have the old model of transitory period of dictatorship of
proletariat   leading to a stateless society. On the other hand we have
many anarchist groups who have the practice of prefiguration, beautifully
described in Marianne`s Michelbergs book the Will of Many. This practice
which is ultimately reformist claim if we organize our political actions
demcratically and horizontally, this will lead to an alternative society. I
think we should combine good elements of these two revolutionary trend.
Peer production prefigures the alternative to capitalism. Another world is
the world of peer producer. Here, production is considered in the broadest
sense. It is not only the production of goods and services but also of
culture, meaning, life and social relation. But, we cannot establish a
fully fledged peer to peer producing society without transforming
strategic resources, i.e. the earth , the air, knowledge, and major
technical infrastructure into commons that are available to the whole
humanity. This is not possible without a social revolution that takes away
these strategic resources from capitalists. So Anther world is possible if:
We expropriate capitalists through a social revolution, and replace it by
peer production, not in hundred years, but here and now. Now, western
activists avoid the question of revolution and the overthrow of capitalism,
therefore the slogan Another World is Possible has become a cliche.

bets
Jakob

>>> "Laboratorio Eudemonia" <eulab at hyperlinker.com> 08/11/13 4:18 PM >>>

ANOTHER WORLD IS POSSIBLE!
-----------------------------------
yes, of course, but why build it?

For decades we hear people invoking something OTHER than the existing.
First hoards of new parties alternated themselves, clearly without a
progress. When the repulsion for parties became too strong, the political
associations arrived to be electoral collectors. When also the disgust for
the associations overflowed, came forward the social forums.

    What changed?

Absolutely nothing. The same inspiring saying: "another world is possible"
showed immediately the possibility, even the ease, of the change, but also
their firm decision to leave the world as it is. The only thing that has
always been pursued is a different DIVISION of the existing, not a real
CHANGE of it.

    In that paradoxical way in which life expresses itself, when we meet
guys who boast of being something, we can be sure that they are the exact
opposite. Also in this case, who feels a strong desire for a world
different from this, and wish approach who seems a friend and companion in
this adventure, would discover that even the social forums are full of the
usual STATE figures who quarrel with their antagonists PRIVATE to carve up
the world.

The ORIGINAL HUMAN BEING, not compromised by a conflict of interest, rather
properly disgusted at the idea of an ECONOMIC STATUS that reduces him to a
human subspecies, of a job that imprisons him for all his life preventing
him from living a rich and varied reality, fed up of the eternal contrasts
between the OWNERS of the STATE and the OWNERS of the PRIVATE, determined
to build a world in which the STATE be shared among citizens and in which
the PRIVATE cannot overdo thanks to a DEMOCRATIC STATE, it is yet to be
discovered and developed.

Yet only this NATURAL HUMAN BEING, able to maintain a detached inner core,
his own objectivity avulsed from the FORCES of the lobbies of the STATE and
of the PRIVATE, only who will have the courage to not make common cause and
clique with others, who will not impose a group's will, who instead will
lead a solitary political research, who will prioritize the POWER of TRUTH
to the force of a majority addicted to any lie and omission, will enjoy the
hope of making that world RIGHT, HONEST, TRUTHFUL capable of being EQUAL
and FAIR.

    Whoever you are, let this be known.
    ANOTHER WORLD can not remain equal to this.

ANOTHER WORLD can born only by informing the Earth's peoples that, once
occurred the democracies, the primary collective resources of the public
roles should have started to be all participated by TEMPORARY assignments.
The hoarders that inherited them from previous regimes have instead taken
advantage of the positions of power to keep the undue privileges of the
tyrannical era.

ANOTHER WORLD will be build only when the Public Jobs of the various
Countries will be assigned at FIXED TIME in order to create that OPERATING
DEMOCRACY able to allow to citizens to re-organize and conduct the public
activities and services in the way they believe, day after day, more
appropriate. In order to transform the present ROYAL PALACES of the PUBLIC
CAREERISTS in a strong, fair and inclusive, basic economy.

    Able to compete with the private sector
    up to bring it back in perfect harmony
    with the needs of living beings and of Earth.

Danilo D'Antonio

Monti della Laga
Central Italy

tel. 393395014947