[P2P-F] Summary and the full report of the 2nd Transnational Open Space Forum: 2013 World Revolution

Orsan Senalp orsan1234 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 11:42:29 CEST 2013

Below summary is being circulated in order to inform you about the 2nd
Transnational Open Space Forum held on Mumble on 21 July, and the next
forum that will be held on 22 August.  The perspective is to connect
our struggles and networks online as well as in the real world in
order to strengthen each other and continue on the path towards making
global change real.

Download the entire report and the minutes here:
2013WorldRevolution2ndOpenSpaceinMumble

Summary of the 2nd Transnational Mumble Meeting that took place on 21
July 2013 and was attended by over 50 people from different countries.

We had multiple discussions on how to build a global convergence of
different movements like Zapatista, Anonymous, students, indigenous
people, immigrants, African uprisings, Occupy, 15M, Blockupy, Via22,
Yo Soy132, Chapullers, Change Brazil, movements from India, China so
on towards 15O and beyond. We imagined a networked, coordinated global
blockade and asked if we are ready of that? We reflected on how to
globalise the struggles for free knowledge and privacy, against abuses
of corporations, government surveillance, police brutality and
military interventions.

We discussed that 15O worldwide and a feeling that symbolic
demonstrations are not effective on their own and had brainstorms
about actions to be planned possibly at the same time all over the
world. It was expressed that the need to not just make demonstrations,
but to engage in actions that have real impact on the functioning of
the system and realise the alternatives we are fighting for with the
involvement of all the people in the building of the action from the
beginning. Possible way to engage by starting a collective game.

Boycott and disobedience campaigns are seen as crucial as well in
order not to give our individual and collective support to their
system. We talked about the experience of Toqueabankia blockade in
Spain, the experience of Blockupy Frankfurt (blocking banks,
deportation airports and unfair shops in Germany; struggles to regain
the land in order to cultivate; experiences of occupation of empty
buildings and turning them into shelters and social centres, cultural
and political events in a very open, participatory, inclusive and
horizontal way. Examples were:

Alternative and free shops, consumers groups,
International Boycott campaigns against occupation policies and
transnational and economic powers
Actions to stop building of big project like fast train, bridges,
expo, and others,
Blocking of infrastructures (digital & physical) in order to stop
capitalist accumulation; by re-inventing the strike form.

Suggested next steps:

Building a Road to Dignity map, in order to visual the time line
towards and after the15O,  as a completely  open process where all
people could join from their local squares  and add all the processes
being planned (previous maps from 2011 and 2012)

Continue to build-up connections and interest at meetings and events
leading up to and beyond 15O (see the list of events below)

The Occupy National Gathering Working Group (NGWG) and Via22 proposed
to have the 3rd Transnational Open Space forum during the
(Inter)Occupy National Gathering Global Convergence Day on 22 August.
Besides the Open Space Forum between18.00 PM GMT-22.00 PM GMT there
will be a round the clock online communication, media and global
convergences.

NEXT MEETINGS ON THE INTERNATIONAL ROAD TO DIGNITY:

13 – 15 September :  Hub Meeting in Barcelona
https://hubmeeting20a.wordpress.com/
25- 27 October: Frankfurt Blockupy’s European Action Conference

The  Blockupy 2013 days of action were one step on the path towards
becoming  part of a huge, common European and global movement. We want
to  continue walking this path together with you: we want to talk
about our  respective struggles, want to have a strategic debate about
whether  Blockupy 2014 can be a common point of crystallisation, how
we can  develop our collective strength, how to intervene into the
situation,  how to create practical opportunities. To discuss all
this, to make it  happen together with our friends, colleagues and
comrades from all over  Europe, we therefore invite you a European
Action Conference in  Frankfurt on the weekend October 25th to 27th.
We want to have lively  discussions about strategies and approaches,
want to kick off an  international and participatory European
preparatory process for the  Blockupy mobilisation and against the
planned opening of the new ECB in  2014.

1–3 November:  2nd Agora99 transnational meeting in Rome

Last year’s meetings web site: http://99agora.net/

SCHEDULED INTERNATIONAL ACTIONS AND MEETINGS

http://titanpad.com/internationalcallXactions

LIST OF THE GLOBAL PLATFORMS

http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/panforum/

DOCUMENT ABOUT REPRESSION PROPOSED IN THE LAST MEETING

http://titanpad.com/stoprepression

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS OPEN SPACE FORUM

http://bit.ly/12tFPYK

NEXT MEETING WILL BE IN MUMBLE on 22 August, 18.00-22.00 GMT

Server: Occupy talk, Room: Open Space

HOW TO JOIN MUMBLE: Download and install mumble: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Needs and suggestions from the meeting:

 Translators, facilitators, turn watchers (assist facilitator) note takers,
Report backs from other movements
Skill share of stories from other movements, even ones earlier to hear
 what worked; report of tactics that worked on the streets, then
record  and share widely
Mobile research project that has pieces that can be broken down and
worked on by many in different countries

Think Globally, Act Locally, Live Glocally

Another World Now!