[P2P-F] Advice re reputation metrics

robin rkrabbe at westnet.com.au
Sun Sep 23 02:00:17 CEST 2012

Hi All
I am researching (via a PhD with the University of Tasmania) the idea of a reputation metric as a currency in a complementary currency project to test whether it would increase trust and other prosocial behaviours in local communities but most importantly to scale up trust between people that don’t know each other. What ideas do people have about how you would structure a reputation metric in practice? My vague ideas at the moment are that you could have resilience circles, small groups of 20 to 30 people who would meet once a month. They would act as support for each other, but also the group would allocate a score for individuals over the previous month based on set criteria for how each have exchanged with other people whether in the group or with others in different groups against the criteria which would attempt to vaguely measure autonomy, competence and relatedness. My research is based on the assumption that self-determination, that is, autonomy (intrinsic motivation), relatedness and competence is vital for social justice where for individuals to be self-determining, everyone else must be self-determining.

Any advice appreciated, eg are there are other groups that I could this to that might be relevant? Do I need to supply more information?
Thanks & regards
Robin

Robin Krabbe
President - North-West Environment Centre
Convenor - Community Exchange North-West Environment Centre (CENTs)

P.O. Box 999
Burnie, TAS, Australia  7320

1022 Oldina Road
Oldina, TAS, Australia  7325