[P2P-F] Fw: Weekly Peak Prosperity (formerly ChrisMartenson.com) Newsletter - September 14, 2012 Edition

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 15:05:34 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Peak Prosperity Weekly <info at peakprosperity.com>
To: Searle88 <dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, 15 September 2012, 8:12
Subject: Weekly Peak Prosperity (formerly ChrisMartenson.com) Newsletter - September  14, 2012 Edition

________________________________

Weekly Peak Prosperity (formerly ChrisMartenson.com) Newsletter
September 14, 2012 Edition
ChrisMartenson.com is now Peak Prosperity! Below is the content
published on PeakProsperity.com within the last seven days. Included are our public
blog posts, Featured
Voice interviews, our Insider
headlines, the Daily
Digest, our What
Should I Do? articles, the Deal
of the Week, and any recently-scheduled upcoming
events.
Full access to our Insider content is only available to enrolled members.
If you are not yet an enrolled member on PeakProsperity.com, click
here to join today.

________________________________

Blog

Happy
50th, Chris!
by Adam Taggart  Friday, September 14, 2012, 7:07
pm
On Saturday, Chris turns 50.
The Fed would have to announce QE4-ever as Chris prepares
to celebrate his half-century milestone....
While his family toasts (and roasts) him this weekend, there's no
reason we shouldn't do the same.
read more »
Podcast

Matthew
Stein: How Prepared Are You?
by Adam Taggart  Friday, September 7, 2012, 10:55
pm
During the height of the
'Goldilocks economy' of the mid-1990s, Mat Stein wrote When
Technology Fails: A Manual for Self-Reliance, Sustainability, and Surviving
the Long Emergency, a master compendium of do-it-yourself
preparation skills.
Fast-forward to today's Great Recession, drought-stricken, $100+ oil,
post-Katrina, post-Fukushima world -- many are realizing the prudence of
taking basic precautionary steps to reduce their vulnerability
to whatever the future may bring. Whether you're
concerned about the fallout from a breakdown of today's weakened global
economy, or simply want to be better able to deal with the aftermath of a
natural disaster if you live in an
earthquake/hurricane/flood/wildfire/tornado-prone part of the world -- the
personal resiliency measures Mat recommends make sense for almost everyone to
consider.
read more »
Insider

Off
the Cuff: The Plot Thickens
by Adam Taggart  Thursday, September 13, 2012,
1:11 am
In this
week's Off the Cuff with Mish &
Chris podcast, Mish and Chris tackle
	* The German Constitutional Court decision
	* What importance does it have? Any?
	* America is back in recession
	* More hard-to-refute data
	* Whither the Fed?
	* Why markets will be disappointed by Bernanke
Surprising to those who don't read this site, a number of notable
announcements are happening this week besides Apple's unveiling of the
iPhone 5...
Today, the German Constitutional Court made its ruling on the legality of
Mario Drahgi's plans to flood European banks with liquidity. The court
has the power to block the ECB's profligacy; but it seems that once
again, politics trumps justice. Draghi will be allowed to proceed with some
tissue-thin restraints.
Meanwhile, new data show North America's economies are slowing down.
Indeed, more and more analysts are coming to the conclusion that the US has
slipped back into recession (even though to many it feels as if America had
never left it). Jabbering of 'recovery' and slight declines in the
official employment rate – which is a complete farce, as those unable
to find work after a time are removed from the lists of those counted as
'unemployed' – are fooling no one at this point.
Which leads all eyes to the Fed. What will it do (or better asked, what can it do) to combat this dismal data?
read more »

Nowhere
to Go
by Chris Martenson  Wednesday, September 12, 2012,
12:09 pm
All eyes are on the Fed meeting
and the almost fully expected (99% chance, already priced in) round of
quantitative easing (QE) that will be announced upon the conclusion of the
September 12-13 Federal Open Marked Committee (FOMC) meeting. Or
not.
read more »
Daily
Digest

Daily
Digest 9/14 - Wealthy Get Mortgage Help, Where The Bailouts Stand
by Daily Digest  Friday, September 14, 2012, 11:15
am
	* Recession 2013 Looks More Likely After Weak Jobs Report
	* Special Report: Well-to-do get mortgage help from Uncle Sam
	* Vandwelling: How to Live in a Van, Down by the River or Otherwise
	* Where The Bailouts Stand, In 1 Graphic
	* Gold and Silver Miners Breakout As Open Ended QE3 Announced
	* Germany Has Extracted Stealth Victory Over ECB
	* Libya: Doomed From Day One
	* U.S. fishery disaster adds to drought woes
	* In San Francisco, a secret project bears fruit
read more »

Daily
Digest 9/13 - German Firms Question Eurozone's Value, The High-Tech
Fight Against Fake Food
by Daily Digest  Thursday, September 13, 2012,
10:49 am
	* Huge turnout for Catalan independence rally
	* Following FEMA's Zombie Preparedness Plan Could Land You On Terrorist
List
	* Tax Cheat Banker Wins $104m For Exposing Scam
	* German firms question eurozone's value
	* Why The U.S. Dollar’s Reign As World Reserve Currency Is
Ending
	* Federal Judge Strikes Down ‘Indefinite Detention’ Provision
in NDAA+
	* Pipe wall in California refinery fire thin as a penny, investigators
say
	* Oilsands to exceed Alberta's new pollution limits, say documents
	* DNA barcoding: The hi-tech fight against fake food
	* ‘Astonishing’ Ice Melt May Lead to More Extreme Winters
read more »

Daily
Digest 9/12 - Greece Suffering 'Merciless Lashing', Local Food
Pantries Almost Empty
by Les Pierce  Wednesday, September 12, 2012,
10:58 am
	* Greece suffering "merciless lashing"
	* EU, IMF give Portugal more time to meet deficit goals
	* Illegal Dumping a Growing Problem in Stockton
	* US House Speaker Boehner says not confident about fiscal cliff
	* Spanish, Italian Banks Rush to Sell Debt
	* Local Food Pantries Almost Empty
	* Tuition fees rising faster than incomes and inflation, report warns
	* Health Premium Growth Slows to 4.5% in U.S., Kaiser Says
	* Senator Bernie Sanders: We Need Public Funding of Elections
	* Paper Gold & Gold Passbook Scams
	* Complex Systems Theorists Predict We're About One Year From Global
Food Riots
read more »

Daily
Digest 9/11: What's the Real Unemployment Rate?
by Daily Digest  Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 9:13
am
	* What Is The Real Unemployment Rate?
	* Why globally coordinated QE and higher gold prices are unavoidable
	* The Secret Panic Of European Banks
	* As Low Rates Depress Savers, Governments Reap Benefits
	* Shell opens new oil frontier in Arctic with Chukchi Sea drilling
	* Saudi Arabia May Become Oil Importer by 2030, Citigroup Says
	* Greeks Searching For Cheaper Heating Solutions
	* OPEC has Probably Deceived Us About the Size of its Oil Reserves
read more »

Daily
Digest 9/10 - How Banking Culture Has Transformed, Caribbean Coral Reefs In
Danger
by Daily Digest  Monday, September 10, 2012, 11:33
am
	* China’s imports shrink in sign downturn worsening
	* How banking culture transformed over the decades
	* Construction and Real Estate Hinder China’s Growth
	* How Population, Energy Supply, and the Economy Depend on Each Other
	* Using Yeast to Create Biofuel
	* Breakthrough Energy Movement Conference 2012 Holland
	* Dawson Creek and Shell elude water shortage crisis
	* Caribbean coral reefs face collapse
read more »

Daily
Digest 9/9 - Crony Capitalist System Is Rigged, How Many Jobs Are Needed To
Keep Up With Population Growth?
by Daily Digest  Sunday, September 9, 2012, 11:31
am
	* Woody Brock: Capitalism is Great, but Our Corrupted, Bastardized, Crony
Capitalist System Stinks; It's Rigged
	* How Many Jobs Are Needed to Keep Up with Population Growth?
	* Eight Elementary Errors now on Steve Keen’s Debtwatch
	* Debt Collectors Cashing In on Student Loan Roundup
	* How the Clean Air Act Has Saved $22 Trillion in Health-Care Costs
	* Louisiana: Oil Linked to BP
	* Argument Over the Value of Solar Focuses on Spain
	* Potential for a Mining Boom Splits Factions in Afghanistan
read more »

Daily
Digest 9/8 - Subprime Auto Nation, The Global Debt Clock
by Daily Digest  Saturday, September 8, 2012,
12:36 pm
	* Subprime Auto Nation
	* A year later, Occupy did little – and inequality only gets
worse
	* The Global Debt Clock
	* Gold Price Forecast
	* With no rebound in sight, there’s never been a slump like this
	* Jim Rogers: When and Why You Should Buy Crude Oil
	* Mixing oil and water with Lindsay Hall and Stephen Leeb
read more »

________________________________

What
Should I Do?

Look into the Future of Preparedness and Resiliency Provisions
by Denis Korn  Friday, September 14, 2012, 6:10
pm
As a small business owner, I
find it is very important to understand the costs and trends that will affect
my business and my bottom line.  With the ever-increasing turbulence in
the world causing new stresses (weather, energy, economic) and more people
becoming informed of our predicaments, I routinely reach out to my suppliers
to get their feedback on their production status and future
outlook.
Here is my perspective on current trends relating to food products for
shelf-stable food reserves and resiliency provisions in general.  In the
37 years that I have been in the natural foods, outdoor recreation, and
emergency preparedness industries as a retailer and manufacturer, I have
experienced a number of fluctuations and factors that have influenced the
availability and pricing of foods and supplies for preparedness.  A
number of current factors and converging events are affecting the
preparedness marketplace today and potentially in the near future.
In addition to my own present-day observations and experience as a
retailer of food reserves and preparedness products, I have very recently
surveyed a number of suppliers, processors and manufacturers for their
assessment of current conditions in the marketplace and wish to share the
results with you here.
read more »
Daily
Prep

Feeding
Chickens
by Jason Wiskerchen  Friday, September 14, 2012, 7:33
pm
A summary of what to feed your
growing flock.
http://www.urbanfarmonline.com/urban-livestock/chickens/feeding-chickens.aspx
read more »

Solar
Oven Makes Clean Drinking Water from Salt Water
by Jason Wiskerchen  Thursday, September 13, 2012,
11:49 am
An innovative design for
creating fresh water in coastal regions.  Low tech and highly
functional.
http://www.treehugger.com/clean-technology/solar-oven-makes-clean-drinking-water-salt-water.html
read more »

16
Clever Uses for Binder Clips
by Jason Wiskerchen  Wednesday, September 12, 2012,
3:15 pm
Big and small - the office
binder clip can a great resource to have in your preps.
www.treehugger.com/cleaning-organizing/16-clever-uses-binder-clips.html
read more »

Chicken
Anatomy 101
by Jason Wiskerchen  Wednesday, September 12, 2012,
11:46 am
Learn to identify and name all
the major parts of a chicken to better understand common aliments and how to
properly discuss them.
http://www.urbanfarmonline.com/urban-livestock/chickens/chicken-anatomy.aspx
read more »

Rocket Stove Made from a Five-Gallon Metal Bucket
by Jason Wiskerchen  Monday, September 10, 2012, 11:27
am
Great tutorial on how to build
a rocket stove for outdoor and emergency cooking with a metal bucket and
clay/vermiculite core.
http://www.rootsimple.com/2012/03/rocket-stove-made-from-five-gallon.html
read more »

on the website:
http://www.peakprosperity.com/user/register?utm_source=newsletter_2012-09-15&utm_medium=email_newsletter&utm_content=newsletter_footer&utm_campaign=weekly_newsletter_26

To change your email address, log in to PeakProsperity.com and click
here:
http://www.peakprosperity.com/user/7823/edit

This email was sent to dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Unsubscribe