[P2P-F] Fw: Climate crisis: could the San people help us adapt and survive?

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 24 17:08:53 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: The Ecologist <newsletter at theecologist.org>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, 24 May 2012, 12:07
Subject: Climate crisis: could the San people help us adapt and survive?

To ensure delivery of these emails to your inbox, please add newsletter at theecologist.org to your email address book.

This email was sent to dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk by newsletter at theecologist.org.

Click here to view it in your browser    |   Click here to unsubscribe

  24th May 2012

________________________________

NEWS | GREEN LIVING | INVESTIGATIONS | MAKING A DIFFERENCE | COMMENTS

 How rhino horn poaching fuels criminal gangs in UK and Europe
Rhino poaching hits record high as criminal gangs target museums and exhibitions in UK and Europe to cash in on lucrative trade
read more...

________________________________

 Climate crisis: could the San people help us adapt and survive?
Once derided as backwards, the southern African San tribe’s love of nature is now bringing them real rewards, as well as offering an insight into how humans can survive with little or no water.

read more...

________________________________

 Chemical weapon and radiation fear at Scottish RAF base
RAF Kinloss in Moray, Scotland, at the centre of an investigation into radioactive contamination and chemical weapons buried at the site

read more...

________________________________

 Why the best world-changing ideas begin in your neighbourhood
Your ideas for changing the world may be desperately important. But if you can't find a way to engage the interests of the people around you they may never take off, argues John-Paul Flintoff
read more...

________________________________

 Can festivals ever be green?
>From renewable energy to recycling, an increasing number of festivals are adding green initiatives to the line-up. Mark Briggs takes a look at whether their eco-friendly claims stack up
read more...

________________________________

 Claire Farrell: ‘There’s no reason for Primark to ever go on the cover of a magazine’
The duo behind eco label Goodone, Nin Castle and Claire Farrell, aren’t afraid of taking on new challenges. Next up: showing the big boys that green is good and persuading the press to say goodbye to Primark and co
read more...

________________________________

 Review: Backache Therapy Massage with Ozone Steam
Combining stress-busting know how with Ayurvedic tradition, Dr Wakde’s Natural Health Clinic is the place to go when you need a natural solution for stress and aches, says a revitalised Ruth Styles
read more...

________________________________

 Greener gardening at Chelsea
>From boosting biodiversity to gardens that are helping to tackle climate change, this year’s Chelsea Flower Show will be green in more ways than one. Rebecca Campbell went behind the scenes
read more...

________________________________

> Competition: Win one of six bottles of Juniper Green Gin

 As the weather warms up and the clouds clear, Summer cocktails move up the agenda! The Ecologist has teamed up with London and Scottish to offer our readers a chance to sample some delicious Organic Gin
read more...
> Competition: Win a 2 night stay in a traditional wagon worth £290!

 The team at Wriggles Brook Gypsy B&B are offering a lucky Ecologist Reader the chance to stay in a traditional wagon from 1910! Including four homecooked meals, this prize is a full of tasy treats
read more...
> The Ecologist guide to skills and courses 2012

 What does it take to make it in the low-carbon economy? The Ecologist takes a look at the skills and courses that will set you up for success
read more...
> Photo gallery: Ethiopia's pastoralist tribes

 Pastoralism is in crisis across Africa. But it could yet survive as the best available defence against climate change and famine. Tom Levitt reports from southern Ethiopia
read more...

________________________________

follow us on twitter  follow us on facebook  follow us on youtube

 --- advertisements ---

Ecotricity is an energy company unlike any other.

They supply homes and businesses across Britain
with green energy, and then use their customers’ bills to create even more sources of renewable power – like windmills.

Be a part of this, and switch to Ecotricity today, and get a 2 year subscription to the Ecologist worth £50!

One month's FREE home phone and broadband for Ecologist subscribers...

The Phone Co-op have been providing award winning services for over 12 years based on a more ethical and sustainable approach to business. Owned by their customers, they always put you and your values first.

Visit - thephone.coop/ecologist
Call - 0845 458 9040
Quote "Ecologist AFO467" when ordering.

If you're not yet a subscriber quote " Ecologist AF413" to receive a £10 credit on your first bill.

Don't forget to make a date in your diary for the London Green Fair this 9th and 10th June - Regents Park.

There are 2 music stages, lots of children's entertainment, orchestral manoeuvres, london permaculture, high profile speakers, loads of green campaigns and exhibitions, organic food and drink and boutique markets. It's one of the few remaining free festivals in London Town.

Did we mention that it's free?

ECOLOGIST GREEN DIRECTORY

The Fair Corporation

The Fair Corporation (formerly Fair Deal Trading UK) is a new and innovative ethical website that offers you a range of Fairtrade, organic, eco and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified products,

all based on organic cotton and natural rubber.'

Suti

The skincare collection is independently produced and expertly hand blended using only the freshest, most potent and organically grown plant and flower extracts in its 100% natural formulation.'

Subscribe to the Ecologist's premium content for £17 and get a free eco book worth up to £17.50

A subscription to the Ecologist gets you access to our exclusive weekly investigations, full access to our 40-year archive, a printable, monthly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox, and details of subscriber-only special offers on genuinely useful green products.

On top of all that, you'll be helping us continue to provide information on the issues that really matter.

Click here to find out more

The Ecologist Newsletter is published by Ecosystems Ltd, trading as the Ecologist
Company registered in England # 970404
Unit 102, Lana House Studios, 116-118 Commercial St., London E1 6NF
contact: ecosystems at theecologist.org

 unsubscribe   subscribe   forward   update profile