[P2P-F] Fw: [LLL] The Quilligan Seminars - now in progress !

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 11 18:28:24 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: LLL <letslinklondon at freezone.co.uk>
To: lll at copsewood.net
Sent: Friday, 11 May 2012, 9:31
Subject: [LLL] The Quilligan Seminars - now in progress !

Dear Friends
It's been over a year since a message went out on this list, due to
my focusing on work with groups not only in London, but all over
the  UK.  The reason for sending this message now is that during
last week I have been attending a series of seminars promoted by
Rev Peter Challen of the London Global Table, together with the
School of Commoning, working with key organisations.  The main
speaker is James Quilligan, an independent, erudite, US academic.
Commoning poses questions about what we can hold in common,
eg intellectual property, land? and possibly money.  In this time of
financial crisis the task is to consider what can be done to change the
model of ownership - and this is where the model of currency that
Local Exchange Trading employs, ie "mutual credit" has been
acknowledged as having important implications. The meetings from
tonight onwards, which are open (at only £5) are listed below, see
also links below to the School of Commoning and the whole list.
More soon
Looking forward
Mary Fee, Secretary, LETSlink London/UK
12 Southcote Road, London N19 5BJ
020-7607-7852 * 07966-216891
http://www.letslink.org * http://www.letslink.org/contact.php

THE QUILLIGAN SEMINARS - LONDON MAY 2012

Friday May 11th:  18:30 - 21:30:  Property, Value and Commons
David Triggs  (Henry George Foundation) Who owns what?
Why we need to re-examine the fundamentals? Venue:  The
School of Economic Science, 11 Mandeville Place, London W1U 3AJ
Email: <peterchallen at gmail.com> - or just turn up.

Saturday May 12th: 10:00- 16:00: The Crowd and the Commons
with Inderpaul Johar: Where do the crowd and the commons meet?
Venue:  The Hub Westminster, 1st floor, New Zealand House,
80 Haymarket, SW1Y 4TE: Eventbrite link: http://bit.ly/JjYsFN

Sunday May 13th 11:00 & 13:30 -17:00:  Covenant, Stewardship
and the Inclusive Commons, with Wilson Wong, What does it
mean to be a Christian and a steward of the Commons?
at St James's Piccadilly  197 Piccadilly  London W1J 9LL
Eventbrite link:  http://bit.ly/iZ4v25

Tuesday May 15th 14:00 - 17:30:  Organisational Practice and
'The Commons' - What needs to be done to adjust our
organizational models, systems and ways of working to better
serve the common interests and protect the well-being of all?
Hosted by the Civil Society Forum, Working in Trust &
Gaia Network, with Esther Ridsdale, Patrick Andrews, and
Susan Canney:  Venue IIB, 24 Greencoat Place London SW1P 1RD
Eventbrite link: http://bit.ly/J96BBA
Wednesday May 16th  7:15 - 19:00 The Commons and New Era
Economics with Greg Fisher and Amna Silim - Can the new
field of complex systems help us manage the commons better?
at IPPR, 4th Floor, 14 Buckingham Street, WC2N 6DF
Book via Amna Silim <a.silim at ippr.org> on 020 7470 6118

Friday May 18th 16:30-19:00:  SUMMARY:  Convergence for
a Commons-based Economy: Where do we go from here?
with George Por Hosted by the School of Commoning.
Venue:  The Hub Westminster, 1st floor, New Zealand House,
80 Haymarket, SW1Y 4TE: contact: <george.por at gmail.com>

http://www.schoolofcommoning.com
http://www.schoolofcommoning.com/content/overview-seminar-series