[P2P-F] Fw: Exclusive: Britain's forgotten sheep farmers poisoned by pesticides

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 11:21:20 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: The Ecologist <newsletter at theecologist.org>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, 29 March 2012, 12:39
Subject: Exclusive: Britain's forgotten sheep farmers poisoned by pesticides

To ensure delivery of these emails to your inbox, please add newsletter at theecologist.org to your email address book.

This email was sent to dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk by newsletter at theecologist.org.

Click here to view it in your browser    |   Click here to unsubscribe

  29th March, 2012

________________________________

NEWS | GREEN LIVING | INVESTIGATIONS | MAKING A DIFFERENCE | COMMENTS

 Exclusive: Britain's forgotten sheep farmers poisoned by pesticides

Government orders to use dangerous organophosphate chemicals left hundreds of sheep farmers with debilitating ill health, Tom Levitt reports on the UK's forgotten pesticide tragedy

read more...

________________________________

 UK fights off EU attempts to bring in stricter rules on pesticide and crop spraying
UK opposition to restricting the use of pesticides since the 1990s has even seen the intervention of former Prime Minister Gordon Brown to lobby case for the farming industry
read more...

________________________________

 Dietary supplement and functional food industry is ‘placebo-driven’ warns expert
Monsanto, Kellogg’s and PepsiCo are just a few of the companies cashing in on our addiction to nutraceuticals - the fast-growing pharma food and supplements sector
read more...

________________________________

 Nose to tail eating: it may be sustainable but can you stomach this type of meat?
With 15 billion farm animals killed each year for food in the UK, eating the whole animal is the ethical choice

read more...

________________________________

 Why jeans buck the fast-fashion phenomenon
Denim has been in fashion since the early 19th century, which is why it is in the ultimate 'slow fashion' statement. Wear yours worn and ragged, and the older the better

read more...

________________________________

 The rise of nutraceuticals: how the ‘placebo-driven’ industry has got us hooked
Big companies, from PepsiCo to Kellogg’s, are cashing in on our interest in health food ‘quick fixes’ while continuing to sell us high fat, sugary foods
read more...

________________________________

 The A to Z of retrofitting
Cutting emissions at home doesn’t just help the planet; it saves you money too. Chloe Barrow explains how to get started
read more...

________________________________

> Win a Two Night Stay at the Award-Winning Natural Retreats Yorkshire Dales

 Natural Retreats is offering an Ecologist reader the chance to win a two night stay at an eco-friendly, self-catering accommodation, without compromising the comforts of a good holiday.
read more...
> How to… make your own patchwork quilt

 Pretty, practical and the perfect way to make the most of old clothes, patchwork quilts are the coolest way to give your home a shot of upcycled style

read more...
> How to… make tribal jewellery

 You don’t need to go to Africa to nail this season’s tribal trend. Priyanka Mogul explains how to wear it the eco-friendly way
read more...
> RESPONSE: The flawed arguments behind biomass

 Is biomass really a low-carbon, sustainable energy source? Industry group Back Biomass say yes while watchdog group Biofuelwatch says no
read more...
> Thich Nhat Hanh: "In 100 years there may be no more humans on the planet" - due to speak in London tonight

> Water Matters: Why We Need to Act Now to Save Our Most Critical Resource
> Competition: Win a Planet Earth eco2life Cleaning Box

________________________________

follow us on twitter  follow us on facebook  follow us on youtube

 --- advertisements ---

The generation of conventional, or brown, electricity is responsible for over 30% of our carbon dioxide emissions here in the UK.

The biggest thing we can do to slow climate change is to make energy in a different way.

Switch to Ecotricity today and receive a 2 year subscription to the Ecologist worth £50!

One month's FREE home phone and broadband for Ecologist subscribers...

The Phone Co-op have been providing award winning services for over 12 years based on a more ethical and sustainable approach to business. Owned by their customers, they always put you and your values first.

Visit - thephone.coop/ecologist
Call - 0845 458 9040

Quote "Ecologist AFO467" when ordering. If you're not yet a subscriber quote " Ecologist AF413" to receive a £10 credit on your first bill.

ECOLOGIST GREEN DIRECTORY

Pravera

Pravera offer a huge range of 100% natural and organic cosmetics, skincare and household cleaning products. Skincare and cosmetics include the brands lavera, MADARA, Primavera® and Sodasan; and the ethical homecare cleaning brand that really works is Alma Win'

Schumacher College

'Ecoliteracy is founded on the belief that valuable lessons about how to secure the future of the planet can be learnt by looking to nature for inspiration'

NATorigin

'NATorigin is the first natural range formulated to comply with both the environment and even the most sensitive skin and eyes.'

UKWIN

Representing and supporting more than 85 member groups campaigning against waste incineration we help groups further the case against incineration.

Subscribe to the Ecologist's premium content for £17 and get a free eco book worth up to £17.50.

A subscription to the Ecologist gets you access to our exclusive weekly investigations, full access to our 40-year archive, a printable, monthly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox, and details of subscriber-only special offers on genuinely useful green products.

On top of all that, you'll be helping us continue to provide information on the issues that really matter.

Click here to find out more

The Ecologist Newsletter is published by Ecosystems Ltd, trading as the Ecologist
Company registered in England # 970404
Unit 102, Lana House Studios, 116-118 Commercial St., London E1 6NF
contact: ecosystems at theecologist.org

 unsubscribe   subscribe   forward   update profile