[P2P-F] Fw: Avoiding Shale Scams

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 11:38:43 CET 2012

An Investors POV.

RS.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Energy and Capital <eac-eletter at angelnexus.com>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Wednesday, 7 March 2012, 15:51
Subject: Avoiding Shale Scams

________________________________
Forward to a Friend
Having trouble viewing this issue? Click here.Refer a Friend to Energy and Capital.
Avoiding Shale Scams
By Nick Hodge | Wednesday, March 7th, 2012

You know a bull market is really running when the scams and get-rich-quick schemes start showing up...
When gold's at record prices, every street corner has a gold-buying store with a temporary sign ready to give you a lowball offer on your grandmother's ring.
When housing was booming, your C-student cousin Mel was about to make it big as a flipper.
Today, with oil and gas boomtowns being born from Billings to Baton Rouge, everyone is trying to cash in on the craze.
Forget Everything You Know About the Bakken
Most estimates for the sweet light crude reserves in North Dakota's Bakken Oil Pool are in the 4-6 billion barrel range.
But the CEO of the biggest Bakken oil company says there's as much as 24 billion barrels.
That means your Bakken oil stock profits are about to get a LOT bigger.
You can watch the incredible video footage HERE.

________________________________

Craigslist
A coworker here in our Baltimore office was doing some Web research the other day, and came across links to oil and gas articles from Energy & Capital in a few Craigslist ads.
Here are the titles of the Craigslist ads:
	* OIL FIELD 130 ACRE LOOKING FOR INVESTOR
	* $2,500 PER MONTH ON SMALL INVESTMENT
	* YOU CAN COUNTER THE HIGH PRICE OF GAS
	* SICK OF HIGH GAS PRICES? INVEST IN OIL
	* INVEST IN THE OIL FIELD CHECK THESE ARTICLES
	* INVEST IN OIL AND REAL ESTATE - $40,000
The ads came from the San Antonio portion of the site, which is located in the heart of the Eagle Ford Shale.
Here is one of the ads in its entirety:
If you haven't deduced it yourself, these guys say they have 130 acres (or the Craigslist colloquial "arces") that has (or the non-noun/verb-agreeing "have") two houses on it...
All they need is $40,000 from you to build some additional housing for the droves of oil workers!
Then they'll pay you $2,500 a month for two years, provided the people you give that money to don't mysteriously migrate to a Mexican beach.
So what are you waiting for? Send these Craigslist Cowboys your money!
This Video Has Your Electric Company Scared Stiff!
They don't want you to see it. In fact, they wish our firm never made it...
That's because this short movie reveals the company that's handing investors a fortune as it gears up to shut utility companies down across the globe!

________________________________

Bass Ackward
Of course you're not going to send them your money...
Hopefully no one does.
Not only is the spelling and grammar in this ad atrocious, but I'm not into establishing joint ventures with people I've never met who post on Craigslist in ALL CAPS.
I can only assume these guys see all the money flying around them in San Antonio, and this was a lazy attempt to get some of it.
At best, they're Texans with dreams as big as their state — but no way to fund them.
At worst, they're con artists.
Either way, they're late to the game and are trying to jump on the bandwagon.
Many other people are seeing the same thing, and want to know how they can capitalize on it for themselves... but they aren't starting energy Ponzi schemes.
Instead, they're doing what Kody J. did the other day: emailing experts to find viable ways to invest in this North American energy boom.
Energy Expertise
Even the Craigslist crooners above looked to editors of this letter for factual evidence of a shale boom. We've been covering it in detail longer than anyone else.
Here's the note I received from Kody this week:
I'm amateur at investing, knowing very little at all. But I work in the oil fields of North Dakota and see and smell the money.
How does one take your knowledgeable info and capitalize on it?
I've never bought a stock in my life, but with the info your providing, I should start. Can you suggest how one gets started, and with your reports, how a person should be able to determine what to keep an eye out for?
Kody J.
Kody gets it.
He sees — even "smells" — the oil money around him in North Dakota.
And even though he's a novice investor, he knows there's money to be made in the market from the ongoing North American oil and gas drilling bonanza.
Perhaps, like you, he just needs a bit more information first.
So how does one take our knowledgeable info and capitalize on it?
If You Thought the Oil Sands was Big News...
Get ready, because this could be bigger — much bigger.
Like the tar sands, it's also in Alberta... but doesn't have anything to do with oil.
Yet it could make you 744xs your money.
Find out more right here.

________________________________

Simple.
You're reading the free e-Letter Energy & Capital, where Keith, Jeff, and I offer our perspective on anything that falls under those two categories. It is produced by Angel Publishing.
We each also run a premium stock advisory service. There's Keith's Energy Investor, Jeff's Green Chip Stocks, and my Early Advantage.
In those advisories, we translate our market insights and interests into winning investments for our members, complete with buy/sell alerts, research reports, updates, and live Customer Service. We each carve out different niches of the market and cater to various investment styles and risk appetites.
You can learn more about each of our and other Angel publications in the About Section here.
For oil investments — and shale investments, in particular — you'll want to learn more from Keith...
At any given time, he'll be running reports and videos on the best ways to play the oil and gas sector. Right now, he's issuing buys on three Bakken oil stocks and four shale gas plays.
Those reports are meant to give you some details about the type of investments Keith is covering, his rationale, and specifics on what full membership has to offer.
If you like what you see and want to make the investments, you simply follow the instructions in those reports to join his service.
Once you do, the email updates, research reports, and interactive portfolio will contain all you need to make the investments you wanted to make with confidence. If not, our live Customer Service can help you out.
It's better than posting dubious Craigslist ads...
And it's certainly safer than responding to them.
Call it like you see it,
Nick Hodge
@nickchodge on Twitter
Nick is an editor of Energy & Capital and the Investment Director of the thousands-strong stock advisory, Early Advantage. Co-author of the best-selling book Investing in Renewable Energy: Making Money on Green Chip Stocks, his insights have been shared on news programs and in magazines and newspapers around the world. For more on Nick, take a look at his editor's page.

Follow Energy and Capital on
The Bottom Line
Related ArticlesShale Implosion?Alaska Sparks Shale Oil HopesBuffett's Billion-Dollar BTU BlunderOil and Gas Service Stocks
Recently...Obama Manipulates EPA80% of DOE Loans Went to BuddiesBehind the Oil Curtain Lost $2 Billion Betting on Natural Gas PricesWatching an Asian Trade War Erupt

Energy and Capital, Copyright © 2012, Angel Publishing LLC, 1012 Morton St, Baltimore, MD 21201. All rights reserved. No statement or expression of opinion, or any other matter herein, directly or indirectly, is an offer or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities or financial instruments mentioned. While we believe the sources of information to be reliable, we in no way represent or guarantee the accuracy of the statements made herein. Energy and Capital does not provide individual investment counseling, act as an investment advisor, or individually advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment. Neither the publisher nor the editors are registered investment advisors. Subscribers should not view this publication as offering personalized legal or investment counseling. Investments recommended in this publication should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or
 financial statements of the company in question. Unauthorized reproduction of this newsletter or its contents by Xerography, facsimile, or any other means is illegal and punishable by law.
Please note: It is not our intention to send email to anyone who doesn't want it. If you're not sure why you're getting this e-letter, or no longer wish to receive it, get more info here, including our privacy policy and information on how to manage your subscription.