[P2P-F] Freicoin - Bitcoin with Demurage (Kevin Flanagan)

Poor Richard poor.ricardo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:14:18 CEST 2012

What do I not understand about demurage--how is not equivalent to a flat
tax except that it doesn't go to the public treasury where it might do some
good? Doesn't it discourage workers from saving at the same time it
discourages the rich from hoarding? Doesn't inflation already cause US
dollars to gradually evaporate? I don't see how demurage helps redistribute
wealth downward like a progressive tax does.

I don't get it.

Richard

Message: 1

> Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:58:32 +0900
> From: Kevin Flanagan <kev.flanagan at gmail.com>
> Subject: [P2P-F] Blog Post - Freicoin - Bitcoin with Demurage

> Hi,
>
> Check this out Freicoin - Bitcoin with Demurage
> http://www.indiegogo.com/freicoin
>
> I wrote a blog post on this dated for the 4th but I'm having problems
> uploading an image to wordpress. Any idea whats up??
>
> Kevin

 (...)

End of P2P-Foundation Digest, Vol 18, Issue 19