[P2P-F] Fw: [gang8] Fwd: The Soros view of the euro - Comments

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 19:30:38 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: G W Gardiner <geoffrey.gardiner at btinternet.com>
To: gang8 at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 8 June 2012, 18:09
Subject: Re: [gang8] Fwd: The Soros view of the euro - Comments

My recollection is that post 1945 the British government banned borrowing for the purchase of financial assets and the ban was removed very slowly until Thatcher had a clean sweep of controls. I remember being worried that she was making a repeat of 1929 possible.

In the fifties some of the bank managers I knew, who had got their posts during the war when 80 per cent of bank lending was to the government, were happy to let things continue that way. As it always the case, both extremes are bad.

Geoff