[P2P-F] Fw: Photo exclusive: the child victims of pesticide poisoning

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 11:53:05 CET 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: The Ecologist <newsletter at theecologist.org>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012, 10:48
Subject: Photo exclusive: the child victims of pesticide poisoning

To ensure delivery of these emails to your inbox, please add newsletter at theecologist.org to your email address book.

This email was sent to dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk by newsletter at theecologist.org.

Click here to view it in your browser    |   Click here to unsubscribe

  5th January, 2012

________________________________

NEWS | GREEN LIVING | INVESTIGATIONS | MAKING A DIFFERENCE | COMMENTS

 Revealed: the child victims of pesticide poisoning in India
Endosulfan is the pesticide of choice for farmers in rural India trying to control insects threatening cashew nut and other crops - but it can have devastating health impacts

read more...

________________________________

 Who's to blame for supermarket rejection of 'ugly' fruit and vegetables?
Fields of wasted crops lie testament to our fussy shopping habits and the refusal of supermarkets to stock edible but less-than-perfect-looking food
read more...

________________________________

 Can becoming a vegetarian help save the planet?
Globally, meat consumption has increased by 20 per cent in the last decade despite concerns about its environmental impact.

read more...

________________________________

 David Attenborough: Frozen Planet was not alarmist about climate change
Attenborough hits back at claims made by former chancellor Nigel Lawson that BBC natural history series lacked objectivity
read more...

________________________________

 Too clever by half: is technology killing the planet?
Technology is constructive but also hugely destructive. It’s high time that we begin to think seriously – and innovatively – about tempering its damaging effects
read more...

________________________________

 The world's 'alternative' Nobel Prize: an award fit for the 21st century
How a rejection by the Nobel Committee spurred Jakob von Uexkull to create the Right Livelihood Award celebrating the solutions helping to ensure a healthy planet and people
read more...

________________________________

 Ethical food: four new year's resolutions that you can keep
It’s resolution time again so start 2012 on an eco-friendly note by cutting out food miles and eating less meat
read more...

________________________________

 Cetaceans under siege as man-made perils blight the oceans
Whales, dolphins and porpoises have no respite from oil and chemicals, fishing nets, shipping, noise pollution and a host of other dangers brought about by man's unrelenting destruction of the oceans
read more...

________________________________

 Competition: Win a Barefoot SOS skincare set, worth £26.50
The Ecologist is giving five readers the chance to win an SOS skincare set from Barefoot Botanicals, providing a natural alternative to high street skincare products
read more...

________________________________

 CAMPAIGN HERO: Dave Hampton, the Carbon Coach
Dave Hampton on watt's watt in carbon footprints and why he aims to launch a campaign for a million more carbon coaches
read more...

read more...
> Competition: Win an Adopt-a-Turtle pack from the MCS, worth £31

 The Ecologist is giving one lucky reader the chance to win an Adopt-a-Turtle pack from the Marine Conservation Society, including a personalised certificate and a cuddly turtle
read more...

________________________________

follow us on twitter  follow us on facebook  follow us on youtube

 --- advertisements ---

Wear a glamorous skin this year!

Completely “free from” and really “packed with” …Inlight organic skin care gives your skin the perfect balanced diet to make you feel good.

Celebrate the effectiveness of our absolutely “free from” range this month with our exclusive offer
Add EC1 at checkout and get 25% off
Offer ends 29/02/2012

www.inlight-online.c
o.uk

The United Kingdom Without Incineration Network (UKWIN) celebrates the fantastic achievements of our 85+ local groups who have campaigned throughout the year against incineration and for sustainable “zero waste” instead.

Please donate to UKWIN to help us continue our work through 2012 by visiting www.ukwin.org.uk

A Healthy New Year from Qi

The healthy option never tasted so good - Qi’s ethically-sourced refreshing teas made with 100% natural ingredients are simply delicious!

Choose Qi Teas as part of a healthy, active lifestyle – hydrating, zero calories and rich in antioxidants.

Visit www.qi-teas.com

ECOLOGIST GREEN DIRECTORY

The Fair Corp

'The Fair Corp is a new and innovative ethical website that offers you a range of Fairtrade, organic, eco and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified products, all based on organic cotton and natural rubber.'

Oikocredit

'Oikocredit is a worldwide financial cooperative that promotes global justice by empowering disadvantaged people with credit. Since 1975 Oikocredit has offered loans, guarantees and investment capital'

Anyvan

'At ANYVAN our main aim is to make ‘being green’ and ‘reducing my carbon footprint’ of immediate benefit to customers'

Subscribe to the Ecologist's premium content for £15 and get a free eco book worth up to £16.99.

A subscription to the Ecologist gets you access to our exclusive weekly investigations, full access to our 40-year archive, a printable, monthly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox, and details of subscriber-only special offers on genuinely useful green products.

On top of all that, you'll be helping us continue to provide information on the issues that really matter.

Click here to find out more

The Ecologist Newsletter is published by Ecosystems Ltd, trading as the Ecologist
Company registered in England # 970404
Unit 102, Lana House Studios, 116-118 Commercial St., London E1 6NF
contact: ecosystems at theecologist.org

 unsubscribe   subscribe   forward   update profile