[P2P-F] how about setting up Diaspora* on p2pf.org?

Franco Iacomella franco at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Feb 13 19:03:54 CET 2012

El 13/02/12 11:11, elf Pavlik escribió:
> I know elgg based platform - Lorea which n-1 runs on and I have
> already made suggestions in a past about replacing Ning... But it
> will take quite some effort to put all those pieces together and
> migrate content from Ning network export =(

I already integrated Elgg, Mediawiki and Moodle in the past. This was
innitially done in the FTA site (http://community.ftacademy.org) and I
recently done it in http://comunidad.gleducar.org.ar.

I think the Ning export is the mayor issue, but shouldnt be impossible.

> I thinks that diaspora gets on popularity, and gives a nice step away
> from services like Facebook/Twitter, I don't see it colliding with
> future setup of collaborations space based for example on elgg.

Would be greaet if we can have Elgg and Diaspora with SSO.

About installing our own node of Diaspora: we could do it in
"pod.p2pf.org". But, don't you think it would be good idea to think and
determine how this pod would be special? Why (besides supporting
Diaspora) we would like to setup the P2PF's node? Any thought?

Best,

--
Franco Iacomella