[P2P-F] how about setting up Diaspora* on p2pf.org?

Richard Schulte richard at flywheelcollective.com
Mon Feb 13 17:53:41 CET 2012

Another handy thing is that you can set up oauth integration in
diaspora, so folks can post to their facebook and twitter accounts from
@p2pfoundation.net :)

We can extend it to do things, but really it is not very much like
elgg.  It is much more like google + > aspects = circles.  Just a
distributed, secure version of it that was released well before!   If
your goal is to migrate the ning network to an open source platform,
elgg is the way to go.  Diaspora, like google+, is an entirely
different experience!

There are some wordpress integrations too, thus blog posts could be
cross-posted on the diaspora pod, etc.

I would be glad to help with this if folks are interested!

Richard Schulte
440.476.7984 (m)
216.206.6026 x701 (o)
Flywheel Tech Collective