[P2P-F] Fw: Weekly ChrisMartenson.com Newsletter (edition 57)

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 11:06:58 CET 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: The Martenson Weekly <info at chrismartenson.com>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Saturday, 11 February 2012, 7:03
Subject: Weekly ChrisMartenson.com Newsletter (edition 57)

Weekly Newsletter for Registered Members

________________________________

Below is the content published on ChrisMartenson.com within the last seven days.  Included are Chris Martenson's blog posts, the Daily Digest, What Should I Do?, Martenson Reports, and upcoming events.
Full versions of Martenson Reports are only available to enrolled members.  If you are not yet an enrolled member on ChrisMartenson.com, click here to join today.
CHRIS MARTENSON'S BLOG

________________________________

Charles Eisenstein: It's Time for A Better NarrativeFriday, February 10, 2012, 10:23 pm, by Adam
Our actions are determined by our beliefs. And our beliefs are shaped by the stories we tell ourselves.
So what happens when the stories we tell ourselves are inaccurate?
The short answer is: we find ourselves engaging in actions that aren't aligned with our best interests.
Charles Eisenstein has made a profession out of studying the intersection of economics and philosophy. And he thinks that over the past several generations, enabled by an unprecedented subsidy of abundant cheap energy, our society has become so far decoupled from natural laws that it has adopted a paradigm of thinking (or "stories") dangerously irrelevant to the future we face.
As resource scarcity increasingly expresses the natural forces that applied to our grandparents' generation and those prior, we are still living under a mindset that assumes predictable, endless growth.  read more »
Why Our Currency Will FailWednesday, February 8, 2012, 9:18 am, by cmartenson
The idea that the very same economic forces that are currently plaguing Greece, et al., are somehow not relevant to the United States' circumstances does not hold water.  As goes the rest of the world, so goes the US.
When we back up far enough, it is clear that money and debt are there to reflect and be in service to the production of real things by real people, not the other way around. With too much debt relative to production, it is the debt that will suffer. The same is true of money. Neither are magical substances; they are merely markers for real things. When they get out of balance with reality, they lose value, and sometimes even their entire meaning.
This report lays out the case that the US is irretrievably down the rabbit hole of deficits and debt, and that, even if there were endless natural resources of increasing quality available at this point, servicing the debt loads and liabilities of the nation will require both austerity and a pretty serious fall in living standards for most people.   read more »
James Dines: Owning 'Wealth In The Ground' Is Your Best Bet to Surviving the Coming 'Supernova of Inflations'Saturday, February 4, 2012, 12:52 am, by Adam
James Dines has been in the business of making bold calls for over 50 years. In this deep-diving interview, he minces no words about the dire risks the US economy - and the world at large - faces at this juncture.
Simply put, he sees the excessive credit in the financial system as having placed the global economy on a collision-course with hyperinflation.
Unlike past periods of turmoil, there are no truly 'safe' places for investment capital to hide. Geographic markets and almost all asset classes are positively correlated these days. They share many of the same risks and if a systemic crash occurs, they will crash together.  read more »DAILY DIGEST

________________________________

Daily Digest 2/10 - 10 Things Everyone Should Know About The Fed, Visualizing U.S. Debt, Why Is Gas Consumption Tanking?Friday, February 10, 2012, 10:49 am, by DailyDigest
	* Bill Black on Financial Fraud Investigations
	* Rick Santelli on Visualizing U.S. Debt; How Many Milky Way Galaxies Do We Owe?
	* Federal Reserve: Ten Things That Every American Should Know About The Fed
	* MF Global: Trail Growing Cold - 'No One to Blame'
	* Postal Service loses $3.3 billion in first quarter
	* Why Is Gasoline Consumption Tanking?
	* The Important Roles of Risk and Stealth in the Eagle Ford Shale Discovery
	* Texas Water District Acts to Slow Depletion of the Ogallala Aquifer
Own the Crash Course Special Edition Set with Presenter’s Pack (NTSCor PAL)
 read more »
Daily Digest 2/9 - The Tumblin' Default, Denninger And Pollock Discuss Economy, Are There Holes In Pipeline Transparency?Thursday, February 9, 2012, 10:44 am, by DailyDigest
	* Bond Investors: Bonds May Collapse Before Bernanke’s 2014 Target
	* The Tumblin' Default
	* The Root Cause of Excess Flab Almost Everyone Ignore
	* Doomsday Capitalism: Just Getting Started or Going Out of Style?
	* Karl Denninger - Warren Pollock Open Discussion
	* Glasgow solar study: 'We could put oil back in ground'
	* End of the Boom: The True State of the Shale Gas Industry
	* Are There Holes in Pipeline Transparency?
	* New Campaign Urges Labeling Of Genetically Modified Foods
	* Helping Soldiers Trade Their Swords for Plows
	* Rising temperatures at Fukushima raise questions over stability of nuclear plant
Our 'What Should I Do?' guide has steps to cook, see & stay warm in times of power outage
 read more »
Daily Digest 2/8 - State Pension Fund Shortfall Grows, Portugal Unions Want Debt Renegotiation, Student Debt Could Be Next BombWednesday, February 8, 2012, 10:42 am, by saxplayer00o1
	* Robert B. Reich: The downward mobility of the American middle class
	* State pension fund shortfall grows
	* 48,000 empty shops blight UK high streets
	* Pa. universities face steep cuts in gov's proposed budget; student aid also on chopping block
	* Swiss central banker warns on slowing economy
	* Portugal union leader wants debt renegotiation
	* Chinese banks cut exposure to euro zone -paper
	* Europe’s Banks Reluctant to Lend to Companies in Need of Cash
	* CBO: Federal Budget Deficit $349 Billion Through First Four Months Of FY12
	* British pensions face 85 bln pound deficit-study
	* Detroit squatters may be allowed to keep foreclosed homes
	* Cleveland: City mistakenly boards up man's home
	* Company Faces Forgery Charges in Mo. Foreclosures
	* Average U.S. gas prices hover at record-high levels
	* U.S. Student Debt Could Be Next ‘Bomb’
	* Airline industry split widens over EU carbon 'tax' row
	* Japan’s interest in gold and silver is growing
Own the Crash Course Special Edition Set with Presenter’s Pack (NTSCor PAL)
 read more »
Daily Digest 2/7 - American Gridlock, Crazy Little Thing Called Greece, Truth, Lies, And AfghanistanTuesday, February 7, 2012, 10:41 am, by DailyDigest
	* The Relentless Pursuit of Meaningless Metrics
	* Illusion Of Recovery - Feelings Versus Facts
	* American Gridlock, Part 2
	* Crazy Little Thing Called Greece
	* Saudi Arabia Will Not Let Oil Go Above $100: Prince
	* Truth, Lies, And Afghanistan
	* Fukushima Reactors Heating Up Again … Water Fails to Cool Them Down
	* A Perfect Storm of Planetary Proportions
Follow our steps to prepare for a world after peak oil, such as how to store & filter water
 read more »
Daily Digest 2/6 - States Prepare For Hyperinflation, Shipping Rates Go Negative, What If The Lights Go Out?Monday, February 6, 2012, 11:59 am, by DailyDigest
	* Markets, Murmurations, and Machines
	* Greece takes step closer to default
	* Silver packs a punch as chemotherapy drug
	* Shipping Rates Go... Negative
	* U.S. States Prepare For Hyperinflation
	* What If We're Beyond Mere Policy Tweaks?
	* What If The Lights Go Out?
	* In Fuel Oil Country, Cold That Cuts to the Heart
	* Texas's Electrical Power Predicament
Own the Crash Course Special Edition Set with Presenter’s Pack (NTSCor PAL)
 read more »
Daily Digest 2/5 - Beware The Ides Of March, Protestors Pack Freezing Moscow Center, A Mortgage Tornado Warning, UnheededSunday, February 5, 2012, 10:49 am, by DailyDigest
	* Art Cashin: Beware The Ides Of March—Or Maybe A Few Days Later
	* Syria Assad: Army massacres 'scores' in city of Homs
	* In Biting Cold, Protesters Pack the Center of Moscow
	* Homeless Families, Cloaked in Normality
	* A Mortgage Tornado Warning, Unheeded
	* Egyptian Forces Appear to End Siege of Ministry
	* Keystone Kops
	* U.N. Says Somalia Famine Has Ended, but Warns That Crisis Isn’t Over
Own the Crash Course Special Edition Set with Presenter’s Pack (NTSCor PAL)
 read more »
Daily Digest 2/4 - Looking In On The Housing Disaster, The Little Economy That Could, What's More Precious Than Gold?Saturday, February 4, 2012, 10:45 am, by DailyDigest
	* On the 70th Anniversary of the Munich Students Movement - The War is Lost - The Future of Europe
	* Counterfeit Value Derivatives: Follow the Bouncing Ball
	* What Lies In Store For The "Cradle That Rocks The World" - A History Lesson In Crisis
	* What's More Precious Than Gold?
	* Real Estate: Looking In On The Housing Disaster
	* The Little Economy That Could
	* It Is Safe to Resume Ignoring the Prophets of Doom ... Right?
	* In a Focus on Gold, History Repeats Itself
	* San Onofre Nuclear Plant Radiation Leak, Worn Tubes Raise Concerns
Follow our steps to prepare for a world after peak oil, such as how to store & filter water
 read more »WHAT SHOULD I DO?

________________________________

Special Offer - Backup / Emergency HeatingSaturday, February 4, 2012, 6:01 pm, by jasonw
We are pleased to announce that St. Paul Mercantile (SPM) is offering ChrisMartenson.com members a special discount on select heating systems. Members get 10-20% off the retail price through the month of February.
Specifically, St Paul Mercantile is offering us:
	* 10-20% off select heating systems (Mr. Heater, Procom, Kozy World - VentFree / Vented Heaters)

Click here to take advantage of this offer, exclusive to ChrisMartenson.com readers.

 read more »MARTENSON REPORTS

________________________________

Surviving a Currency CrisisWednesday, February 8, 2012, 9:18 am, by cmartenson
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Executive Summary
	* Why hope alone is a terrible fiscal strategy
	* The false security of shifting baselines
	* The key indicators of a currency crisis
	* Plan A (and Plan B) for surviving a currency crisis
Part I: Why Our Currency Will Fail
If you have not yet read Part I, available free to all readers, please click here to read it first.
Part II: Surviving a Currency Crisis
The Biggest Risk
The biggest risk here is not a sudden collapse of the currency that catches everyone off guard some Tuesday afternoon in a matter of minutes. The biggest risk is not believing that the collapse is underway. Most people are going to lose most of their wealth simply because they could not mentally and/or emotionally grasp what was actually happening.
Consider that in Greece the banks are under a tremendous run losing up to 25% of total deposits. Sounds extreme but let's look at it the other way, just what are the 75% of remaining depositors thinking? How could they leave their money in a Greek bank for another minute? What are they thinking? Probably that somehow things will get better, or some other rationalization that supports their decision to hunker down and hope.
In reading When Money Dies, an historical account of the events leading up to and through the Weimar hyperinflation in Germany, one hears anecdote after anecdote of families and individuals impoverished by their own disbelief and inaction. Most just sat numbly by waiting for the currency to come back, or buying government bonds because they were asked to as a matter of patriotism, or just trusting that the government would figure something out, hoping that things would soon turn around.
In Argentina the same dynamic happened. We've heard in detail on this site from Fernando "FerFAL" Aguirre how those who lost most we the ones who hestitated to acknowledge the reality of what was happening until it was too late. read more »
Your faithful information scout,
Chris Martenson
ChrisMartenson.com

To change your email address, log in to ChrisMartenson.com and click here:
http://www.chrismartenson.com/user/7823/edit

This email was sent to dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
-----
Click here to unsubscribe from this newsletter. (requires site login)
Click here to unsubscribe from all ChrisMartenson.com newsletters. (requires site login)