[P2P-F] Fw: C2C: Coffee, Climate Change and Sustainable Business, Weds Call

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 11:50:54 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Eban Goodstein <climate at bard.edu>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Tuesday, 3 April 2012, 0:39
Subject: C2C:  Coffee, Climate Change and Sustainable Business, Weds Call

C2C:  Coffee, Climate Change and Sustainable Business, Weds Call

To view this message in your browser, click here
C2C/National Climate Seminar

 Dear Colleagues and Friends,

Is coffee on the road to extinction? Or maybe just towards $8 a cup?

This Wednesday, noon eastern on the National Climate Seminar, join us for “Climate and Coffee”, a conversation with Paul Comey, VP for Environmental Affairs at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.

Coffee likes a pretty narrow set of ecological conditions, and climate change has already begun to impact supplies. Join us for a discussion of coffee futures, and how coffee companies’ sustainability focus can make a difference.

Call-in number: 1-712-432-3100; Conference Code: 253385. Send advance questions for Paul to climate at bard.edu.

Later in the term, the National Climate Seminar will include Columbia’s Cynthia Rosenzweig on climate and agriculture, and Jihan Gearon from the Black Mesa Coaltion on their frontlines climate work. See the full schedule below.

As graduation approaches, I am writing to reach out to capable seniors or alums who are unsure of their plans for the next year.  At this critical moment in human history, we can’t afford any future sustainability leaders spinning their wheels for a year.  We have a few spots still open in Bard CEP’s MS programs in Environmental Policy and Climate Science and Policy for next fall. Next year as well, we are launching our new MBA in Sustainability —a weekend intensive program based in NYC and one of a handful of programs around the world that fully integrate sustainability into a rigorous graduate business curriculum.

I used to advise students to take a year or two “off” before starting their career. I don’t do that anymore. There is too much work to do, and too little time to get it done. I am always glad to set up at time to talk with your students about their future careers—including information about our graduate programs, but more broadly about helping students find their next steps.

We are also pleased to announce two new $20,000 scholarships for the MS programs—one for domestic students and another for international. Thank you for passing this note along to interested students and alums.

Thanks for the work you are doing—

Eban

 National Climate Seminar - Spring 2012

Feb. 1  Jon Shenk, Filmmaker, Actual Films
The Island President: Climate Story-telling

Feb. 15  Anthony Leiserowitz, Director,Yale Project on Climate Change Communication
Six Americas: Communication on Climate

Mar. 7  Billy Parish, author and founder, Solar Mosaic
Climate Careers: Finding Meaning, Money and Community

Mar. 21  Auden Schendler, VP for Sustainability, Aspen Skiing Company
Getting Green Done: Sustainability Work on the Front Lines

Apr. 4  Paul Comey, VP of Environmental Affairs, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
The Climate for Coffee

Apr. 18  Cynthia Rosenzweig, Director, Climate Impacts Group, NASA Goddard Institute
Climate and Food Supply

May. 2  Jihan Gearon, Director, Black Mesa Coalition
Carbon Supply Chain: Black Mesa and Beyond

Calls are every other Wednesday at noon Eastern time. Assign the  half-hour calls to your students, for a chance to hear top scientists,  analysts, and political leaders discuss climate and clean energy  solutions. The National Climate Seminar is sponsored by The Bard Center for Environmental Policy, and made possible by a grant from The Clif Bar Family Foundation.

Forty Percent of Car Trips are within two miles of your home: Take Clif Bar's Two-Mile Challengeand ride or walk instead!

The National Climate Seminar welcomes a new media partner, Island Press, publisher ofThe Climate Solutions Consensus (2011) edited by David E. Blockstein and Leo Wiegman.

Follow this link to unsubscribe: Contact Preferences
PO Box 5000 30 Campus Road, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY, 12504, United States
Campaign ID: 533000002632051 | Contact ID: 533000000775684