[P2P-F] Senator Kucinich, and the Monetary Reform Bill.........

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Mon Sep 26 20:45:44 CEST 2011

http://economics.arawakcity.org/node/357 Perter North's Money and
Liberation
http://economics.arawakcity.org/node/674 Understanding Modern Money part
one Randal Wray
http://economics.arawakcity.org/node/675 Understanding Modern Money part
two Randall Wray
http://www.economics.arawakcity.org/node/437 Understanding Modern Money
this a shorter version
http://www.economics.arawakcity.org/node/344 On Thomas Greco's Libertarian
Economics
http://www.economics.arawakcity.org/node/350 on J.W. Smith's  Money A
Mirror Image of The Economy

http://www.economics.arawakcity.org/node/320 this is a review by Dick
Distlehorst's associated with the AMI of Lietaer's The Future of Money
Which I agree with, and it is also outside of the

  here is a very very short independent review of the CRX posted at the
Irish Smart Taxes website
http://smarttaxes.org/2011/04/13/mmt-and-community-currency/

my review of Money As Debt was effectively submerged into Jamie Walton's
review if you want to confirm this here is Stephen Zarlenga's email
"Stephen Zarlenga" <ami at taconic.net> I expect that he is quite busy right
now preparing for AMI's annual conference in Chicago  A paraphrase from
Stephan identifies Brown as the biggest single obstacle to monetary
reform. I believe that it is a bit of an overstatement, relative to the
impediment of the neo-classical default.

on the issue of the characteristics of an MMT cult, I believe that you
will in time perhaps re-allocate that tag. The basic issue comes down to
fact and outcomes versus fictions and persuasive rhetoric rather than an
informed process. It also becomes an issue of an open discourse favoring
constructive alternatives. There is no doubt that we need an alternative
monetary model, that much is easy. Identifying which model is more
difficult particularly given the general level of econo-phobia. I expect
that the MMT people will find the interpretation of MMT as a cult to be
not unexpected, and patently wrong. As a quick example persisting in the
support of an economic model even though it continues to devastate our
commons at all levels ends up being a variety of Theo-classical economics
to use William Black's (also at UMKC) turn of the phrase. Black's
experience with high levels of fraud in the banking industry, basically
substantiates the massive problems with neo-classical economics.

As I've also made clear I also don't agree with Stephen Z. on all points,
and I just can't seem to persuade him that the MMT folk are not at all
opposed to monetary reform, just on how we can accomplish that agenda.

for now, Tadit