[P2P-F] taxes = solidarity?

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Mon Sep 26 13:52:02 CEST 2011

While under the neo-classical economic fiction taxes are required to
support infrastructure. In actual practice taxation is primarily a way to
control the accumulation of wealth, that the US tax code should return to
being more progressive and leveling is a small step toward reality.
Expenditures by a sovereign government with a sovereign government, ie not
the the current participants in the European Monetary Union, hence the
impending defaults on sovereign debt acquired under a non-sovereign
currency, the Euro. The is no real or practical impediment to sovereign
governments with a sovereign currency to attach sovereign budgets to
taxation revenues.

I know that this is confusing to most people, and this is a downstream
effect of being trapped in the neo-classical economic twilight zone.
Soooo, taxes only represent "solidarity" within that same neo-classical
zone. Given the effects of corporate capture there is no guarantee that
such "revenue" will be spent for infrastructure a'la commons elements. The
MMT paradigm operates as a commons without taxation being fused to the use
of revenues for infrastructure budgeting. There is a huge difference
between sovereign deficits and sovereign debt under a sovereign currency,a
nd controlled by a sovereign government. The proof is in how the collected
taxes are tallied, and then deleted as digital units. This is the reality
of reserve accounting as it is current abused by the central banking
cartels. MMT simply adopts the real time, real practice as a sovereign
process.

Yes, Elizabeth Warren is a positive example, and she is primarily an
academic. How she will do in the rough and tumble of corporatist politics
is another. She may have to significantly dumb herself down to even be
understood at the level of the current political posturing here. If she
acquires some political traction, all the better, and she needs to be a
transition figure toward establishing sovereign economies as commons. This
principle will then more easily transfer, I would suppose, to jointly
cooperating with other countries to operate within a global commons
engagement.

One of my main points relative to the CRX as a educational process, is to
create a learning environments so that people can directly experience the
difference between a debt/credit based currency compared to a asset,
commons, bases currency. Until then the fiction of neo-classical and a
privatized currency will be supposed to be reality, while the actual
practices under sovereign and democratic
commons are considered to be fictions. Reversing course and departing the
looking glass, "off with their heads," zone.

in appreciation, Tadit