[P2P-F] Fwd: Solutions article on Architecture of Disaster Recovery

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Sep 24 10:06:34 CEST 2011

this is a really amazing journal ..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Solutions Journal <solutions at thesolutionsjournal.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Subject: Solutions article on Architecture of Disaster Recovery
To: Solutions List <solutions at lists.pdx.edu>

[image: Solutions Logo] <http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/>

*The Architecture of
Disaster Recovery:
A Call to Arms
for Designers from the World’s Most Vulnerable
Regions<http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/node/979>
**by Marie Aquilino, Deborah Gans, Robin Cross, Francesca Galeazzi, and
Sergio Palleroni*
<http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/node/979>

Architects have been slow to respond to the design challenges posed by
disaster relief and recovery. Marie Aquilino and her colleagues explore
three inspiring examples that show how good design can transform disaster
zones.

Visit us online at
www.thesolutionsjournal.com
[image: Subscribe Now] <http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/subscribe>

FOLLOW US
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Solutions-Journal/141002349354><http://twitter.com/SolutionsMag><http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=2349132>

*Solutions* is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

[image: Solutions] <http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/node/977>

*A New Approach to Feeding the
World*<http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/node/977>
 *by Janet Ranganathan and Craig Hanson*

With population expected to reach 9 billion by 2050 and widespread
degradation of agricultural lands, we need a new approach to food
production—one that feeds more people with less ecological impact. The
authors outline three ways we can reform our food system, and feed more with
less.
 [image: Solutions] <http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/node/975>

*The Future of Roads: No Driving, No Emissions, Nature
Reconnected*<http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/node/975>
*by Richard T. T. Forman and Daniel Sperling*

Imagine a world with no traffic jams or six-lane highways or nature
fragmented by busy roads. Here, the authors outline a visionary solution
that would transform our transportation system, for the benefit of both
humans and nature.