[P2P-F] Why ....Climate Change...Patrick

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Thu Sep 22 18:04:31 CEST 2011

Patrick,

I am well beyond Money as Debt, though about three fourths the way through
that video Paul Grignon starts to present what he calls "value" based
money, and he never actually develops the concept other than an
anti-thesis to debt based money. If Paul had done some more research on
the field of alternative economic models MMT/aka Modern Monetary Economics
would have shown up as the primary economic discourse which is pressing
for a value based currency primarily by way of funding physical and social
infra-structure, and of a living wage on a counter cyclical basis.

Your IOTA system seems to coexist well with the Community Reserve Exchange
(aka CRX) system, which is also based upon MMT/MME, and a number of other
accommodations. The primary difference is that the Community Reserve Notes
(aka "CRNs") are used as the currency unit and are established in an
analogous way, by volunteering labor toward the operation of community et
al organizations (think: social infrastructure) which are listed as
cooperating organizations. Once the CRNs are in circulation they can be
used as the basis of the exchange of goods and services.

As to "bleeding," it seems to be more of an understatement under a
privatized, monetary process, as in more on the order of a massive torrent
to the level of bleeding out. In designing the CRX I hoped to persuade the
network of monetary reform advocates to consider this as way of simulating
a reformed currency environment, or going-autonomous  Unfortunately the
American Monetary Institute, for instance, is deeply invested in a
legislative political route of reform without creating a wider public
education process by practice.

http://www.economics.arawakcity.org/node/892

Tadit