[P2P-F] Chartalism, a new P2P Entry?

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Wed Sep 21 21:01:50 CEST 2011

Robert,

what you are describing as chartalism is more correctly a description of
the MMT discourse, of which I am an advocate. Chartalism more accurately
refers to the origin of currency as a "chartal" or token of value. The MMT
is not just another discourse regarding economics. It integrates
macro-economics, monetary issues, and functional fiscal policies.
Functional fiscal polices include setting full employment as a functional
goal, rather than a political slogan to be abandoned after the count. MMT
advocates are sometimes described as chartalists, due to recognizing
currency as tokens of value.

Tadit