[P2P-F] Community I/O - proposed for W3C Community Group

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Tue Sep 20 15:02:51 CEST 2011

hi Michel,

thanks for asking =)

so the group now exists here:
http://www.w3.org/community/community-io/

so far I've written just one post there but hope to find some time for adding more content in next weeks...
I also stated composing list of projects I would like to invite to cooperate, still very short here:
http://www.w3.org/community/community-io/invited-projects/ with link to etherpad where everyone who don't want to create W3C account can post suggestions.

Considering as well starting separate community-io site for nontechnical working groups and keep W3C group focused on work with technology recommendations.

any project that works with what peers (people/groups) wish/offer (inputs/outputs) no matter how approached can feel invited, yes even evil commerce based projects can feel welcomed, but I wouldn't expect them to support development of diversity in field of sharing/helping system variants ;)

for the first stage I would like to make it easy for everyone to participate in any number of sharing/helping networks, at this moment it can become burden to manage one's own wishes/offers in all available services, eventually I would like to manage it in account of my choice and than to participate in any number of services just authorize them to access information about my wishes/offer. especially today if I offer something in 10 services and than pass this gift and don't have it available any more, removing it from all those 10 listings can make quite some hassle. using technologies wise I could manage participation in even 100s of services almost as simple as single one, which IMHO can contribute to crating non-competitive environment and support diversity in ecosystems of sharing/helping networks

in next step I would like to give more focus for graph of dependencies among wishes/offers
eg. I can offer a ride from town A to town B if someone helps with providing car, fuel etc.
or if I can assemby bikes I can put bikes on my list of offers but mark in that their availability depends on parts and tools I wish for...

I promise to send an update here once I add more content to current group!

=)
~ elf Pavlik ~

Excerpts from Michel Bauwens's message of 2011-09-11 11:02:05 +0200: