[P2P-F] gameful.org , world-changing collaboration via game development

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 15:14:56 CEST 2011

http://gameful.org/

http://blog.avantgame.com/2010/08/gameful-secret-hq-for-worldchanging.html

Gameful <http://gameful.org/> is an online "Secret HQ" where you can connect
with other people who believe in the power of games to make us better and
change the world.

It will be a free resource -- a place for you to:

- Set up a profile sharing your expertise, skills, abilities, and interests
- Search the network for collaborators and talent
- Spread the word about your new projects
- Meet journalists who want to write about interesting games or research
like yours
- Find new and cutting-edge game projects to inspire you
- Join a Gameful book club and discuss big ideas
- Join a Gameful game club and play big ideas!
- Brainstorm and submit conference panels or sessions together
- Plan Gameful meet-ups at conferences and festivals
- Nominate your own work, or work you love, for the annual Gameful Awards
(in the categories of Reality-Changing, Life-Changing, and World-Changing)

OUR PLAN

We’ve already assembled our core team of developers and designers to make
this project happen and we’re aiming to launch at 10:28:10 AM on 10/28/10
(October 28, 2010). We’ve already designed the site; all we need is to raise
enough operating costs to make sure that we can afford to code and launch
the site, round up some awesome interns, and make a great experience for
everyone who joins.