[P2P-F] Media in Starship Troopers

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 05:22:21 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Michel Bauwens
<michel at p2pfoundation.net> wrote:
> despite its fascistic undertones, I really loved that movie ...

I also loved it.  I think it was more of a satire on the fascistic
undertones than anything.

> but Orson Card's Xenocide is better, as it creates sympathy for the Other

I like Card as well, but he is a huge neocon on foreign policy issues.
 That comes out in his treatment of a lot of things in the Ender
universe, like the past world war against Islam and the Hegemon.

--
Kevin Carson
Research Associate, Center for a Stateless Society