[P2P-F] Tell the Story Right: The Jobs Plan We Need

Sandwichman lumpoflabor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 20:21:15 CEST 2011

Arlene Goldbard has posted a wonderful two-part essay at her blog titled,
"Tell the Story Right: The Jobs Plan We Need"

http://arlenegoldbard.com/2011/09/11/tell-the-story-right-the-jobs-plan-we-need-part-1/

http://arlenegoldbard.com/2011/09/14/tell-the-story-right-the-jobs-plan-we-need-part-2/

*"Who are we? What do we stand for? How do we want to be remembered; what is
our legacy to the future?*

"Of course, plenty of other questions come after those: What’s the best way
to accomplish our aims? How shall we pay for it? Have we fully considered
the possible consequences? How will we reckon success? But those are details
of the journey; our destination matters most. If our driving public purpose
is not to husband our commonwealth; ensure the well-being of citizens and
guests; live as good neighbors to the other peoples of the world; cherish
mother earth; and knit the social fabric that holds us all, then we are on
the wrong track, plain and simple.

*"In these times, those who stand for telling the story right, for doing the
right thing, must be willing to risk ridicule.* But as risks go, it isn’t
fatal, and once you get used to it, kneejerk ridicule fades to the
background, like the buzzing of flies. Go ahead, take the risk, you won’t
regret it."