[P2P-F] presenting panoply

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Sep 9 18:21:05 CEST 2011

I don't know enough of U.S. history to understand your contribution fully,
but I am intrigued by one paragraph, just below, and wonder if you would not
be up for a p2p blog article on 'wrong solutions to commons problems', where
you elaborate the following for a lay audience,

see:

"The power of the states and local banks to
circulate their own certificates/currencies was the applied solution
became known as the free banking era in US economic history. As a
consequence of no banking regulations virtually at all By the time of the
issuance of the US Greenbacks in 1861 there were 7,000 different
currencies being used. The Free Banking period is renown for the
widespread fraud, bankruptcy, and counterfeiting resulting from a state's
rights "solution" to a commons problem. This is the same level of
subversion of the need for a genuine alternative in a commons based
monetary paradigm."