[P2P-F] blog commentary on dean baker's loser liberalism bk

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Wed Sep 7 13:27:44 CEST 2011

Michael, this is the link to Bill Mitchell's Billy Blog site and the first
segment of 7 in total.

http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=6122

  Mitchell is one of the top authorities on modern monetary economics which
is the discourse which has applied what was learned from legitimate
interpretations of Keynes and of the demand side economics of the WPA,
CCC, and NYA as progressive (U.S.) responses to the 20th century Great
Depression. Mitchell covers a list of "progressive" nominal
economists/establishments in the successive entries. L. Randall Wray of
the Univ. of Missouri Kansas City Econ. Dept has made similar statements
which would take me a bit longer to produce. The core difference is
between the economic assumptions being applied. The New Economic
Perspectives from Kansas City blog has a treasure trove of resources both
in the current primer review and of other stand alone materials. It may
require a bit of translation. Mitchell is at the top of his class in terms
of modern monetary economics and as a perspective it has been one of the
few opposing perspectives relative the well funded deficit terrorism
campaigns. Some of the material may seem counter-intuitive, and it is
based upon in part how central banking actually operates currently, only
how those principles can serve a more public and more social agenda. The
counter-intuitive part derives from the neo-classical framing which has
dominated the field for decades if not longer. Ie, by its familiarity, the
neo-classical framing seems correct when it is not actually, and serves to
contain genuine progressive initiatives within a neo-classical box of
assumptions. On a related topic, what is known as Jevons's Paradox is
often applied within ecological and environmental circles to "prove" the
futility of progressive energy measures and energy efficient technology,
ends up being paradoxical only within the neo-classical set of assumptions.

as we go, Tadit