[P2P-F] blog commentary on dean baker's loser liberalism bk

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Wed Sep 7 11:59:07 CEST 2011

Y'all, Baker tends to have a reputation of being strong on the rhetoric
but very weak on the actual economics side of his material. It has been
demonstrated that his economic assumptions are neo-liberal in their
substance. Though this might be an interesting foray at one level, if done
in a less than serious fashion it is likely to promote economic
illiteracy. This may seem harsh, and buying into the
neo-liberal/neo-classical framing of our situation cuts off even imagining
informed fiscal options. I come from primarily a post-Keynesian
macro-economics and functional finance perspective, and this sits well
with my 20 plus years of being active in community centered economic
activism, from entrepreneurship development, to being treasurer of two
different cooperatives, to being downstream of fraud perpetrated under a
false flag of left "progressiv-ism," and other investments regarding. Just
finished a series of essays by Bill Mitchell which included a critique of
Dean Baker's economics, entitled "With Friends, Like These..."

Tadit Anderson, Re-Imagining Economics