[P2P-F] update on Campaign for Commons Literacy

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Sep 1 18:43:37 CEST 2011

(hi Chris, could you ning this crowdfunding campaign update from our
friends?, many thanks!!)

Via George Por:

The Campaign for Commons Literacy is definitely progressing although not as
rapidly as we would like it. So far the *
http://www.indiegogo.com/CommonsCampaign* page with our video got 2935 page
views; we have 14 crowdfunders who donated a total of $946; our Facebook
page *http://www.facebook.com/SchoolOfCommoning* attracted 144 “Likes.”

Even more important than those figures is the outpouring of interest and
solidarity that triggers good conversations, in which people from different
continents and walks of life tell us about their enthusiasm for getting
involved with the campaign in various ways. So the Campaign is already
becoming what it was intended to: one of the dynamic hubs of the commons
movement.

Another important news is that we’re merging with the Commons Learning
Alliance, under the name of School of Commoning. By the end of next week, we
plan to launch the Campaign Commons, a multi-platform web space, centered on
the SoC site as its coordination and learning hub.

We are also planning to use James Quilligan visit to the UK later this
month, to feature him in our Meetings with Remarkable Commoners that you
graciously inaugurated in May. In December, we hope to introduce Silke
Helfrich to the London commoning scene, in the same series.

To finish this message, let me quote a graffiti on our Facebook wall:

All boats rise with the tide. And so it is with commoning. Working together
raises our collective potential for a higher quality of life.
The current tide of history is the Commons.

Here’s a beautiful illustration, giving us a visual reminder of that simple
fact of life:
*http://www.schoolofcommoning.com/content/about-soc
*
*for the Commons!