[P2P-F] couchsurfing becoming for-profit

robin robokow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:55:05 CEST 2011

I am happy this one didn't get done yet. Veit's rant on CS/Casey is
personal (although a pretty interesting one) and at the same time Veit
is just like a little Khadafi in relation to bewelcome.

It's a long nasty history - the world of hospitality ;-)

http://www.opencouchsurfing.org/2008/09/26/wwwbewelcomeinfo-the-real-background/
http://www.opencouchsurfing.org/category/networks/hospitality-club/

Also, Veit's promise to release Hospitality Club code as open source
or even as free is almost as old as the promise of having Couchsurfing
registered as a tax-deductible non-profit (four years now).

At the same time Hospitality Club is still a personal project/ not a
registered organisation with no information about the flow of money.

I've always compared HC as a dictorship, CS as a oligarchy and
bewelcome as democracy.

Robin

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Michel Bauwens
<michel at p2pfoundation.net> wrote:
> hi franco,
>
> can you republish this in our blog, see
> http://volunteerwiki.hospitalityclub.org/couchsurfing-for-profit-business-now
>
> then, follow it up with some news and analysis on couchsurfing becoming a b
> corporation?
>
> see my P2P-Travel tag in delicious for documentation,
>
> I Need some extra help for the blog right now, having reached the end of the
> reserve buffer... the stay in bkk was very time intensive with no time for
> internet ...
>
> thanks for the help!!
>
> --
> P2P Foundation: http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net
>
> Connect: http://p2pfoundation.ning.com;

Life happens at the level of events, not of words