[P2P-F] Falling transaction costs

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:47:51 CEST 2011

Even if we had distributed ownership, I think that it will go back into an
unequal distribution. That is a much better question, the tendency question.

If we allow only consumers to own the means of production, then it seems to
me that inequality will be created in the form of loans to create those
means of production.

The only freedom that I give each participant is that of trading their own
work with the work of others.

 At first, each persons wealth will gain goods based on his skills and how
much his product is needed. Due to small differences in skill or demand, a
small amount of excess wealth will be in the hands of few.

Imagine now that consumers want a specific product and that a specific means
of production would cut the costs significantly. They would prefer to make
the loan than pay the costs of the old means of production.

It seems to me that this will create unbounded inequalities, where old
'dead' work will be exchanged with more amounts of future work. The skills
of the worker or the demand of his work will not be as important as his
previous accumulated work which he has exchanded with future work that
others need. That will create a class of people that will not need to work.

We need to find a way to bound those inequalities, but that would ultimately
be against the basic liberty of trading your own labor.

If anyone has found a way i would be happy to hear it. (if someone proposes
a loan in money without interest, I would be happy if he transformed this
amount of money into future  work as the same amount of money represent
different things in the future)

One idea is to disallow  contracts of work or the means of production to be
inherited. That would limit the time interval for inequalites to expand to
at most 100 years.

(Please excuse the fact that I prefer to think in commodites or contracts of
work rather than money)

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis