[P2P-F] A better franchise in education?

Maria Droujkova droujkova at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 15:40:25 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am closely involved with a start-up that wants to be structured as a
somewhat hierarchical endeavor, with local groups receiving support from The
Center. It is in the field of education. Which means - a franchise. Like
Kumon... eh.

All the franchise models we have seen seem to be heavy on intellectual
property. Are there some hybrid models that work with partially open
licenses for content? We do not want to depend on grants, so it will have to
be a self-sustaining system, most likely a for-profit, legally.

In general, what models should I check out for such an education endeavor?
We need a network of local "cells" that use common materials and receive
common support, but I'd like to look beyond Kumon and such. Way beyond.

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova
919-388-1721

Make math your own, to make your own math