[P2P-F] Political Commons

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Oct 17 21:28:03 CEST 2011

Dear Leif,

I hope you don't mind I'm sharing this with our list,

this may not be an area I have thought true sufficiently,

very generally, I've always thought that we should make sure we have
pluralistic
forms of democracy, and not just one forum,

for example, now, our representative mechanisms have been hijacked, while
in russia, it was the councils ..  so the political commons itself could not
be just one institution, but a plurality, keeping each other in balance and
making power accumulations more difficult

we also have different domains, the territorial, the places where we work
and study, and our cultural institutions (which may be a-territorial), and
may require their own institutions ..

I was intending to spend 3 years, as of January 2012, to study democratic
forms