[P2P-F] cook mmt update

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Oct 16 11:27:37 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Cook <cjenscook at googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [gang8] Re: Pushing on a piece of string
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>

It's common source, Michel :-)

Of course the two ae complementary since MMT deals - as the name suggests -
with monetary matters, and if Georgism is anything, it's a fiscal approach.

I think Georgism is misconceived by the way, in proposing that land value
tax should be the 'single' tax, and no other tax is necessary.

The principle of Georgism is that it is a tax on privileged property rights,
and there are other privileges to tax as well. eg limited liability, where a
tax on gross corporate revenues - starting with banks - is IMHO a much more
workable approach than the Tobin tax on poorly defined 'speculation'.

Best Regards

Chris