[P2P-F] Taxing Commercial Uses of the Global Commons

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Oct 6 23:43:24 CEST 2011

Taxing Commercial Uses of the Global Commons
http://www.ethicalmarkets.com/2010/10/19/financial-transaction-taxes-the-commonsense-approach/

(see http://p2pfoundation.net/Taxing_Commercial_Uses_of_the_Global_Commons)

Dear Hazel,

in the above article you write:

"In 1995, I co-organized the NGO, Global Commission to Fund the United
Nations with many proposals for taxing commercial uses of the global
commons: atmosphere, climate, oceans, biodiversity, the electromagnetic
spectrum, space and the newest commons: the global financial system. The
Commission’s report The UN: Policy and Financing Alternatives, eds. Harlan
Cleveland, Hazel Henderson and Inge Kaul (Elsevier Science 1995), examined
such taxes to help provide global public goods: health, education, access to
clean water, food and basic human needs"

I'm very interested in pushing this back on the agenda ... is there any way
to have access to the full electonic text of that document, and any of your
own explanatory writings on the topic?