[P2P-F] Fwd: [NYCGA Internet] PDF of the NYT story from before they changed it!

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:48:55 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Devin Balkind <devinbalkind at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a great example of how the media handles coverage about Occupy Wall
> St.

I wouldn't be at all surprised by collusion between the NYT and NYPD,
but from what I saw in the two versions this wasn't really a clear
case of it.  If anything, the revised includes more explicit claims
that the protesters were entrapped and that they felt the police had
been directing them onto the bridge, than the first article did.  My
guess is that the NYT expanded the original version in response to
police complaints, and included both official NYPD statements *and*
more detailed statements from Occupy.

--
Kevin Carson
Research Associate, Center for a Stateless Society