[P2P-F] Fwd: A Call to Action and the Endorsements

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Nov 28 14:15:30 CET 2011

dear friends,

has anyone objections that we endorse this as p2p foundation (I can also do
it in personal capacity)

From: Kamran Mofid <k.mofid at gcgi.info>
Date: Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Subject: A Call to Action and the Endorsements
To: michel at p2pfoundation.net

Dear Freinds,

Please see below: A Call to Action and the Endorsements.

*A Call To Action*
 *The world is riveting toward a possible turning point and we hope that
you are able to stand with us in this call to action*
**
 **

Hundreds of thousands of people, young and old, employed and unemployed,
black and white, men and women, have come together in a continuing and
lasting global unity, partaking in a dialogue of civilisations, faiths,
cultures and peoples in consideration for the common good.  This global
movement has risen in a thousand cities on six continents: from Tahrir
Square to Alexandria and Tunisia; Rio de Janerio to Bogota; Santiago, Chile
to Barcelona; Zuccotti Park to Oakland; Wall Street to St. Paul’s;
Frankfurt to Brussels: Rome to Athens; Toronto to Vancouver, Chicago to
Philadelphia, Sydney to Brisbane and more, rejecting neo-liberalism and its
prevailing economic and business models, demanding a better, kinder and
more humane world.

The crises of ecological devastation and glaring social and economic
inequality are pushing the planet to the brink of catastrophe.

We, the undersigned, co-authored the document noted below- A Call to
Action- and sought the support of interested parties, by asking them to
consider endorsing it. As the current global crises have clearly shown, the
whole world is waking up to the value of co-creation and the harnessing of
knowledge from diverse sources, disciplines, experience and expertise. We
are gratified by the level of enthusiastic support for the Call. We also
received wise arguments and sincere suggestions on how to make this more
inclusive, so that many more can join and sign the petition. We have
acknowledged these suggestions and have incorporated them into the Call to
Action. The final document and the list of our endorsees are noted below.
It goes without saying that we are most grateful for all your ongoing
support. It is only when we work together that we may change the world for
the better.
**
*Kamran Mofid PhD (ECON), *Founder, Globalisation for the Common Good
Initiative (UK)
*Jamshid Damooei PhD (ECON), **Co-director, Centre for Leadership and
Values, **School of Management**, **California** Lutheran University, **USA*
 ***Steve Szeghi PhD (ECON), *Dept of Economics, Wilmington College, Ohio,
USA

To Read the Call to Action: See below

*A Call To Action: Endorsements*

*Hans Christof Graf von Sponeck, Germany, former UN Assistant
Secretary-General and UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq, New York, USA
 *Prof. Johan     Galtung, Founder, TRANSEND, France and the European
University Centre for     Peace Studies (EPU), Austria
 *Luk Bouckaert, Emeritus Prof. Centre for Economy and Ethics, Catholic
University Leuven, and President, European SPES-Forum , Belgium
 *Paul Shrivastava, David O'Brien Distinguished Professor of Sustainable
Enterprise, and Director, David O'Brien Center for Sustainable Enterprise,
John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada and The
50+20 Steering *Committee *(A project to transform management education
worldwide)
*Fred Dallmayr - Packey J. Dee Professor in the Departments of Philosophy
and Political Science at the University of Notre Dame, USA and Co-Chairman,
World Public Forum, Dialogue of Civilizations, Russia and Austria
*Prof. Hans Kochler, Chair, Political Philosophy, University of Innsbruck,
Austria, and President, International Progress Organisation (I.P.O), Vienna,
Austria
 *Nancy Roof, Founder, Kosmos Journal, Co-Founder Values Caucus at United
Nations, Co-Founder Spiritual Caucus at United Nations, USA, and many more

See the complete list of endorsements and the Call to Action:

http://gcgi.info/news/139-a-call-to-action-

 Kamran Mofid PhD (ECON)
Founder, Globalisation for the Common Good Initiative(GCGI)
www.gcgi.info
Adjunct Professor, Dalhousie School of Business,
Dalhousie University, Canada
http://sba.management.dal.ca
GCGI 2012 Conference, Dalhousie University, Canada
http://management.dal.ca/news/CommonGood/
Member of the International Coordinating Committee (ICC), the World Public
Forum, Dialogue of Civilisations
http://www.wpfdc.org/
Founding Member, World Dignity University, and Global Advisory Board, Human
Dignity and Humiliation Studies
http://www.humiliationstudies.org/education/education.php#foundingmembers