[P2P-F] Product Maximizing Corporations (was: "corporateperson")

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 19:52:30 CET 2011

Natalie Golovin wrote:
> Govts don't have to be owned and operated by Corporations.
> Its up to an educated and responsible citizenry to maintain
> sound govt or democracy will fail.

Corporations routinely purchase legislation and favors from those we
'elect' using the Profits that we, the consumers, pay to those bodies.

We, as individuals, cannot afford to pay politicians in this way
unless we become as productive as the corporations we blindly support.

> Yes, Co-Ops are wonderful-wish there were more of them.

Stop brushing me off as yet another proponent of Co-Ops.

Co-Ops have not replaced Capitalism because they are actually
Capitalistic at their cores.

Co-Ops DO NOT do what I propose.

Look at the Consumer Cooperative REI for example.

The consumers pay up-front and supposedly become co-owners, yet they
still purchase the product from the group for Price above Cost (they
pay Profit).

This is extremely inefficient and eventually concentrates power into
the hands of the originators.

Imputed Production is more similar to bulk-buying - where consumers
pre-pay for Products which they then fully OWN (according to the % of
the Costs they paid) - without needing to buy those Products back from
the group yet again.  In this case, Price and Cost are the same and
Profit is undefined because the final transaction is missing.

> Suggest you undertake more rigorous study
> re scarcity-marginal costs-risks etc.

I suggest you read my analysis more carefully and reconsider the
origin and purpose of Profit instead of repeating the same old story
that got us into this mess in the first place.

Profit arises from the consumers lack ownership in the Means of
Production, and disappears completely when the consumers have
sufficient ownership in the Means of Production.

Profit measures the consumer's willingness to grow the corporation,
and so should be treated as an Investment from that Payer - so that
all consumers incrementally gain co-ownership in the Means of
Production needed to eliminate their need to pay tribute to others.