[P2P-F] IMPORTANT: Value Networks - moving forward

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Thu Nov 24 09:44:13 CET 2011

Hi,

Excerpts from Michel Bauwens's message of 2011-11-24 05:46:48 +0000:
> can anyone help tib with contacting diaspora?
>
> Michel
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Tiberius Brastaviceanu <
> tiberius.brastaviceanu at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> > *Question:*
> > Is there a way we can involve the Diaspora team in infrastructure
> > development, expanding their p2p social platform to a p2p socio-economical
> > platform? Anyone can help with the matchmaking?

I would suggest just asking on one of diaspora related mailing lists or irc, you can find links in a footer of this page:
http://diasporafoundation.org/

I wouldn't contact an 'official' email since they must get tons of requests there and it may take even a year for them to repy ;) Also founders/core team look super busy with getting very over due beta out, resolving some organizational issues and also on of the 4 guys who started it - Ilya have recently passed away =(

I have heard also about some ideas of forking it and some people feeling somehow unhappy with how 'core team' leads the project at this moment. So once more I you may try to ask community on diaspora-discus list...

For more general work on 'Federated Social Web' you may also like to check out W3C Incubator Group where we try to work with the issue in platform agnostic way: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/

And in terms of using federation and semantic web for diverse economic systems I still try to get rolling with this Community Group: http://www.w3.org/community/community-io/

Good luck!
=)
~ elf Pavlik ~