[P2P-F] Product Maximizing Corporations (was: "corporate person")

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:30:06 CET 2011

Michel Bauwens wrote:
> much better is to change the DNA and
> not make them profit maximizers

It *is* possible to change the DNA (or 'goals')
of corporations we fund and control *if* we
compensate the investor's risk with Product
instead of with Profit.

Paying investors with Product is possible if
those investors are actual Users of the Product,
and invest (whether Capital or Work) only as
much as they intend to use for themselves.

These corporations will be Product Maximizers,
while Profit will no longer be goal, and in fact
will not even be present except during the
sale of Surplus.

During the sale of Surplus we should charge
Profit against those latecomers (allow the
market to set Price), but then treat that
Price above Cost as an Investment from that
Payer - so that all Users gain as much
ownership in the Means of Production required
to create the Products they use.

This is a very different way of organizing our
production.  Please consider it carefully.

Thanks,
Patrick Anderson
http://ImputedProduction.BlogSpot.com