[P2P-F] "Currency Wars" ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 11:37:56 CET 2011

Hi Mark , Natalie, Patrick and all,

Mark ( Janssen ) ,
I notice you may be into graph theory ?

Could this interest you ? ( or anyone here reading this )
http://www.automenta.com/netention

usage I would like to share from it ( when it is developed )
http://sharewiki.org/en/Transaction_Graphs

//

Patrick, it seems there has been an outcome from proceedings :
http://www.zerohedge.com/print/338064

//

till then, as shared in a previous post by Kevin,
Mutual Credit / Time Banks seem to be accepted ( ? ),
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_banking
- reciprocal service exchange -
based on this form of accountancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_credit

or other currencies, such as 100 percent guaranteed ( by dollar credit )
regional Freigeld currencies too ( or at least, in Europe - and in a some
cases I hear they first ask permission to the central bank )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freigeld
who in many cases use "demurrage" to reduce hoarding / encourage liquidity
in the local economy.

//

I may be deviating from the initial topic...
but since I joined in in expressing my preferences and wishes, here goes :

I do not know if any of you is into humanitarian / development work ?

I notice millions are spent in humanitarian aid, yet very often directly in
dollars or mainstream currencies, sometimes not even invested into the
local economy ( other then the infrastructure that may remain after that
passage of foreign NGO's ).

I feel supporting local economies / local development can be multiplied
by using the same amount of dollar money yet using a complementary currency
( a currency 100 percent guaranteed by this "real" money - which seems to
be legal and does not require a banking permit ) ,
hence enabling it to circulate faster ( if it has demurrage ) - hence
increasing local liquidity and exchanges -
and reduce its likeliness to get hoarded outside of the local economy.

Such solutions may seem simple enough to implement, yet then I realize I am
just an individual, and it requires collaboration. I see potential in being
able to define such approaches with tools which I hope will be operational
soon, such as
http://www.automenta.com/netention

I would also like to see this implemented in conjuction with a basic income,
such as experimented in Namibia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_income_guarantee#Examples_of_implementation
http://www.bignam.org/