[P2P-F] "Currency Wars" ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 23:40:06 CET 2011

Thanks Mark.

Yes, Aesthetically I can find attractiveness in such item, independently
from owning it.

Without wanting to discredit such potential,

I also realize that it may not be exaggerated to say that sadly a lot of
the bright golden color may likely be tainted by blood ( judging by history
).

Unfortunately, it is so too with any tool of power, including current fiat
currency.

Hence, if I could choose some "ideal", without taking into consideration
many other aspects, I guess I'd prefer remaining within gift economics,
and better still, some forms of gift economics that do not stay attached to
material value, with the awareness of supporting a holistic process,
supporting commons.

I am not specifically primitivist, and like to use technological solutions,
yet I also feel attracted by certain cultures, including certain nomadic
cultures,
and remember an excerpt from a movie called

"The Gods Must be Crazy" (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCQIGiXf0JA
"here is a thing that could not be shared..."

///

Anyway, back to (alternative?) currencies,
there is a proposal of a commodity backed basket currency, called "Terra"
http://p2pfoundation.net/Terra

I can imagine a world where each of such approaches can have its usage,
while also hoping people will reduce their usage of the ones that
concentrate power into the hands of a minority.