[P2P-F] Fwd: Mesh - Commotion - customized distribution of OpenWRT

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Nov 11 17:04:13 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Subject: Mesh - Commotion - customized distribution of OpenWRT
To: econowmix at googlegroups.com

https://tech.chambana.net/projects/commotion/wiki About Commotion

Commotion is a customized distribution of OpenWRT, designed to create
community wireless mesh networks. Our customized device images are built
using custom file overlays in the build root containing custom init scripts
and hooks into the OpenWRT operating system.

Commotion Firmware is hosted in our local git repo: git clone
git at git.chambana.net:commotion.git
How is Commotion different from other FOSS wireless firmware?

It tries to provide for the largest number of different deployment patterns
while touching the underlying operating system as lightly as possible. Any
setting in Commotion can be overridden via changes in the standard web
interface or configuration files for OpenWRT? Linux, and most configuration
is tied into OpenWRT?'s native network hooks and settings.