[P2P-F] this list into gmane.org

mrc eskerda at hacklaviva.net
Fri Nov 11 14:52:41 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 03:47 AM, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> thanks 4 suggestions
>
> don't fully understand gmane thing, but

See for ex:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.education.discuss.philosophy.debate

( wouldn't you add this as the link to the mail archives ?)

http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.education.discuss.philosophy.debate

and rss feeds from this list that could be added to the blog and wiki.

(I don't know if it could filter by mailman topics, i don't think so....)

> - I can add 'link' 2 any link forward, in addition  2 using the fwd which
> is al-eady automatic ..

well, i probably messed it up. i meant to have Topics in this mailman
list, where people could subscribe to receive messages from just one or
more topics.

This will require discipline from the senders having to add a
[thematictag] i.e. [org] in the tittle of each message matching the
Topics that the list admin has created.

I see it very useful for [org]. ex: i am just interested in messages
related with the internal organizitaion of this domain - platform, so
while a thread started from an 'external FWD: blabla' the issue becomes
an internal suggestion of modificating i.e. a p2pf wiki Sidebar
navigation, so i add the [org] to the original "Fwd: blabla" --> "Fwd:
[org] blabla, and then some people who is not receiving all messages
from the list but receives the [org] one gets just that message and can
reply.

i.e. now: is list admin reading this message ? should we include in cc ?

- ---
To require posters to add the [link] tag and create the Link topic looks
too burocratic maybe. forget about that.

the fwd and the fyi at the title could be enough (unless creating this
as list topics could be good too, it's cheap :),

the text excerpt should be a condition always...  or i tend to don't
read messages from posters who tend to not adding excerpts.