[P2P-F] Fwd: [Ripple] Announcing Villages.cc

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 08:30:08 CET 2011

http://villages.cc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ryan Fugger <arv at ryanfugger.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 2:15 AM
Subject: [Ripple] Announcing Villages.cc
To: Ripple Project <rippleusers at googlegroups.com>

Hi everyone.  I recently launched Villages.cc as a Ripple system that
has a marketplace and discoverable user profiles:

http://villages.cc

It's basically a social barter network with Ripple as the accounting
system.  To simplify things, since Ripple is already complicated
enough the first time most people encounter it, the only units are
hours, and credit limits are set by users giving each other "hearts"
as endorsements, which is useful by itself as a reputation metric
separate from any Ripple accounting.

I'm hoping that this will be more useful and usable than Ripplepay for
most people.  If it proves useful, I intend to merge Villages and
Ripplepay accounts onto a common backend server, so Villages accounts
would be accessible through Ripplepay as well.  Right now, though I
want to see if Villages can grow given enough attention.

Please check it out and sign up if you'd like to create a profile.
You must be endorsed by an existing user to join, but I will endorse
anyone I recognize from this list who fills out the sign-up form.
Most likely there won't be any users in your area yet, so I'm counting
on you to invite some!  The goal is to enable face-to-face
transactions, not just interaction over the internet.

Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Ryan