[P2P-F] Video : Annie Leonard | "The Story of Broke"

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 01:51:22 CET 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G49q6uPcwY8

http://www.truth-out.org/story-broke/1320767282

http://bit.ly/storyofbroke — The United States isn't broke; we're the
richest country on the planet and a country in which the richest among us
are doing exceptionally well. But the truth is, our economy is broken,
producing more pollution, greenhouse gasses and garbage than any other
country. In these and so many other ways, it just isn't working. But rather
than invest in something better, we continue to keep this 'dinosaur
economy' on life support with hundreds of billions of dollars of our tax
money. The Story of Broke calls for a shift in government spending toward
investments in clean, green solutions—renewable energy, safer chemicals and
materials, zero waste and more—that can deliver jobs AND a healthier
environment. It's time to rebuild the American Dream; but this time, let's
build it better.