[P2P-F] OSE Europe - Open Process

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Nov 6 00:17:26 CET 2011

Dear Nikolay,

is it okay to share this with our list?

I can't really recommend any technical process, and I copy Sam rose for
that, as for the governance

1) the community is the core and allowed permissionless contributions ;
selection for excellence is done by accepted maintainers who have gained
the confidence of the community and of each other

2) OSE-E is the formal entity responsible for maintaining the
infrastructure of cooperation, but is not in command and control of the
production process; it should be democratically managed

3) Use the peer production license to allow free usage by other
commons-friendly market entities, but make other for-profits pay (define
set of minimum conditions)

4) try to create your own cooperative entity for such activities, and
create some kind of alliance of entities using the commons, which
integrates various stakeholders

5) develop an ethical funding strategy, based on crowdfunding; look into
the open hardware central bank, Goteo

hope that gives some ideas,

Michel