[P2P-F] new article

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:47:43 CET 2011

> Matthew Slats wrote:
> When a project takes on venture capital or sells shares,
> it becomes obliged to maximise the returns on investment

There is a solution to this conundrum.

We can for invest for Product instead of Profit.

But only Users can accept Product as ROI, so the Users would
crowd-fund the operation by pre-paying for the service with the
Product being their return.

This way, we don't even *sell* the Product at all, because instead of
buying the Product back from their collectives 'self', they *already*
own it - as a result of their co-owning the Sources of that Product.

Notice, since there is no sale, Price and Cost are the same, and so
Profit is UNDEFINED.

This is obvious for single-ownership. For example, you only pay the
real costs for operating a network in your own home.

But we, as groups of Users, can do this on a larger scale to avoid the
unpleasant side-effects of seeking to perpetuate Profit.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
http://ImputedProduction.BlogSpot.com