[P2P-F] "Viscous democracy": a voting system for social networks based on liquid democracy

ChaTo (Carlos Alberto Alejandro CASTILLO Ocaranza) chato at chato.cl
Tue May 31 13:08:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

(I don't know if you'll find this useful or just blatant
self-advertising -- it is probably a bit of both :-)

It is a very recent paper arguing for a variant of /liquid democracy/, a
kind of delegative democracy introducing a dampening factor that reduces
the weight of votes that travel through long delegation chains. We argue
that it might be a good decision-making system for online social networks.

*Viscous Democracy for Social Networks - CACM Virtual Extension - June 2011*
http://chato.cl/blog/en/2011/05/viscous_democracy_for_social_networks.html

The link above includes a summary as well as links to the (paywall'd)
article in CACM, and the authors' copy (free as in beer).

Cheers,

--
*ChaTo (Carlos Castillo) <http://www.chato.cl/>* 	/Let's connect! ·
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/chato> · Facebook